Valley table cushion.

JCL

Is it possible to put k55 black rubber diamond rails on a old valley(73)? Thanks

Last edited:

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Is it possible to put k55 black rubber diamond rails on a old valley(73)? Thanks
Sure.
Valley has used a variety of cushions over the years. K55, K66, and U23... I don't recall the exact years for each profile, though I do know that they started using K66 exclusively in 1999. Keep in mind, each cushion profile requires a different dimension rail block. Unfortunately, I do not know which design your table uses.

While you could go ahead and use K55 rubber from Diamond, I might recommend that you just purchase a set of pre-made rails directly from Ridgeback Rails or Penguin Amusement. Doing so will ensure that the rail blocks are new (not damaged), and a proper fit for your table, regardless of which rail block your table currently uses.

If your intent is to make your table play more like a Diamond, you could also order the "Pro" rails from either company. They will have much tighter pockets, and K55 cushions. While not the Diamond cushions that you are seeking, the cushions used by either company will perform just as well.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Ridgeback rails use pinkish k66..
Penguin uses the black k55..

Enjoy.
Rob.m
Fred is a GREAT guy, I just talked with him about a month ago to congratulate him on his retirement and also on the sale of Penguin. We spoke about my new lighting project.

I have ordered a couple dozen sets of them and have never seen black k-55 on any of his replacement rails. All of them were pink k-55 and in FACT they have his logo on them!!

TFT

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Penguin uses the black k55..
These were ordered a couple of weeks ago. I was Ridgeback all the way until recently having a hard time getting the PRO rails. The Penguins have ended up very similar to the original Ridgebacks.
8ghSanc.jpeg

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
These were ordered a couple of weeks ago. I was Ridgeback all the way until recently having a hard time getting the PRO rails. The Penguins have ended up very similar to the original Ridgebacks.
8ghSanc.jpeg
That guy comes out of no where every once in a while and usually posts something whacky like he did today. He told me a long time ago that my business was going to fail. He seems to be wrong about a lot of stuff!!

TFT

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
8ghSanc.jpeg
Maybe he was he out of the pink cushions..
As for the ridgeback pro rails you just have to wait for the pro production run and work according to production and stock up.

Enjoy
Rob.M

ROB.M

Silver Member
That guy comes out of no where every once in a while and usually posts something whacky like he did today. He told me a long time ago that my business was going to fail. He seems to be wrong about a lot of stuff!!

TFT
Go easy there kid… you should call fred and he will confirm.. I’ve got at least 24 years of experience in working in the field of pool table service. I’ll assure you penguin used or still uses black k55 by request, I nowhere claim to know everything about this business but I’ll bet I’ve forgotten more than you know. The only reason you can make it somewhere in this business is because there is a sucker born every minute, the suckers you sell your pool tables to DONT know the difference between a 5ball and a orange and couldn’t tell the difference between a good table and a bad one if they was sitting on it.. I work in the field and world of real pool players that know how a pool table should play and what to expect.
You are the reason all the good guys in the industry don’t come on this board anymore, they’ve had enough of guys like you and so have i.

Enjoy
Rob.M

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Go easy there kid… you should call fred and he will confirm.. I’ve got at least 24 years of experience in working in the field of pool table service. I’ll assure you penguin used or still uses black k55 by request, I nowhere claim to know everything about this business but I’ll bet I’ve forgotten more than you know. The only reason you can make it somewhere in this business is because there is a sucker born every minute, the suckers you sell your pool tables to DONT know the difference between a 5ball and a orange and couldn’t tell the difference between a good table and a bad one if they was sitting on it.. I work in the field and world of real pool players that know how a pool table should play and what to expect.
You are the reason all the good guys in the industry don’t come on this board anymore, they’ve had enough of guys like you and so have i.

Enjoy
Rob.M
Sure dude. Crawl back under the rock you came from.

TFT

TrxR

Didn't I see somewhere that Seyberts bought Penguin?

As for the Aramith black set, I like them other than the pink 4 and purple 5.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Enjoy
Rob.M
You are correct. you don't know everything there is to know. The last two sets of penguin rails we ordered for customers were pink. Not saying you can't get the black if you request them. But on standard orders they shipped out pink to us both times. And I'll add, they play very well.

ROB.M

Silver Member
You are correct. you don't know everything there is to know. The last two sets of penguin rails we ordered for customers were pink. Not saying you can't get the black if you request them. But on standard orders they shipped out pink to us both times. And I'll add, they play very well.

Oh of course, I’ve got plenty of the pink cushions from penguin but the last ones I’ve ordered from penguin was black k55.. I don’t order from penguin often unless I’m way back ordered from ridgeback in which they were durning the changing of hands in manufacturing.

I’ve got a few sets laying around..

Enjoy
Rob.M

Attachments

• 4C0CBD61-A89C-4745-9E9E-2B614437AB91.jpeg
    4C0CBD61-A89C-4745-9E9E-2B614437AB91.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 126
  • CAE898A5-8F91-4645-88EF-5BAF5F6BA65D.jpeg
    CAE898A5-8F91-4645-88EF-5BAF5F6BA65D.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 108

ROB.M

Silver Member
Fred is a GREAT guy, I just talked with him about a month ago to congratulate him on his retirement and also on the sale of Penguin. We spoke about my new lighting project.

I have ordered a couple dozen sets of them and have never seen black k-55 on any of his replacement rails. All of them were pink k-55 and in FACT they have his logo on them!!

TFT

Sorry, I’ve been busy with table work but I’d figure I’d put this here for you.

Well-well look what I’ve got here…

Rob.M

Attachments

• 628D061F-C7B7-4691-BE5A-C6167EC45377.png
    628D061F-C7B7-4691-BE5A-C6167EC45377.png
    526.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 9EE8949B-BA11-4C39-9E8C-5688CAD5461F.png
    9EE8949B-BA11-4C39-9E8C-5688CAD5461F.png
    590.8 KB · Views: 79