Value of a Cog cue, built in 1996?

wastateqman

Registered
Just asking some fellow pool folks here what they think the value is on a Joe Gold cue. Solid Bacote, with Joes standard silver stitch rings. No points. This cue hits so solid I can't even explain it. I may be putting it up as collateral on something in the very near future, or could possibly sell it out right if the right buyer comes along. 3 shafts with the cue, 2 of which are original and 1 that was built by Southwest Cues. The Southwest shaft does not have the silver in the ring, and is very stiff. I realize the economy is down but this cue is not a beater either. Let me know what you think this cue might sell for or is worth. Thank you for any input on this matter. :)

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
post a picture for all of us young guys whos imaginations have been killed by years of tv and video games

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I think that a new ebony or bacote cog is around $1350. The SW shaft probably is worth $2-250. So brand new your looking at about a cue that cost around $1600. Since there is not really a waiting list and depending on the condition I would say $1200 to 1300 would be tops. There has been a few standard Cogs for sale lately and I don't think they are moving. Just do a advanced search in the For Sale Section.