Very rare Brunswick Leather cue case

dinkwater

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to sell this Brunswick cue case on Ebay for a friend. He says the case is very rare and is worth $400 US.

Please see my auction on ebay

Let me know if you are interested in bidding.

Here are the pictures:

case1.jpg

case2.jpg

case3.jpg

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Hi Dinkwater,

I know your friend is proud of his case and thinks it's worth a ton, but you would be hard pressed to get $250.00 if it was in new condition. I don't think $400.00 is even in the realm of reality. I've bought several this last year for $100 - $150, many of which were in very good condition. Sorry for the info., but it's better than wasting your time and Ebay listing fees...

Regards,

Steve

merylane

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
yeah especially when it doesnt even say brunswick, although i do like it very much. ive always wanted one. ive only got about 100 cases and none of those, no cheapy ones either.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I sold a couple in a lot better shape than this - with the Brunswick logo on the lid - and they went for about $150 on auction. I think this one is probably worth $100 if you auctioned it with no reserve.

Chris

larrynj1

aka uncle larry
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
JimS said:
Tate is right. I bought one a year or so ago for about $150.

i pm'd merylane an offer to buy my brunswick case for $150. postpaid. pm me if your interested in case he doesn't take it. the case is nice, still has the original leather name tag on a chain attached.

Attachments

• POOLCUE CASES BRUNSWICK1.jpg
    POOLCUE CASES BRUNSWICK1.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 276
  • POOLCUE CASES BRUNSWICK2.jpg
    POOLCUE CASES BRUNSWICK2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 261

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
larrynj1 said:
i pm'd merylane an offer to buy my brunswick case for $150. postpaid. pm me if your interested in case he doesn't take it. the case is nice, still has the original leather name tag on a chain attached.

Larry,

Brunswick made some cases in the 1970's that were remakes of the 1950's/ 1960's cases. They look alike in photos, but the case body covering was vinyl and pretty thin at that, the staps were thin leather, etc. The original cases were nice and thick. Which is yours? It looks like the later version to me.

Ps. I have only located three Palmer Deluxe cases and bought them. One is as nice as yours, 1970's version just like yours, for $200, totally intact logo. One was pretty thrashed, same model, $68, half the logo. One came with an original first catalog cue, nice condition for $175. I have a set of keys to these cases finally.

Chris

Last edited:

larrynj1

aka uncle larry
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
tate,

pretty sure this is leather, seems pretty sturdy to me. i think the later cases had the brunswick "crown" logo on them as well. this does not.

good deal on the palmer case with the cue!! i saw that $68. on e-bay, if it's the same one. i was gonna e-mail you but thought it looked a little too banged up. my palmer case is still available if you want a fourth. no cue included though.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
larrynj1 said:
tate,

pretty sure this is leather, seems pretty sturdy to me. i think the later cases had the brunswick "crown" logo on them as well. this does not.

good deal on the palmer case with the cue!! i saw that $68. on e-bay, if it's the same one. i was gonna e-mail you but thought it looked a little too banged up. my palmer case is still available if you want a fourth. no cue included though.
Larry,

I sent a private mail - thanks.

Chris

dinkwater

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All this talk about Palmer vs Brunswick is confusing me. What I would like to know is where my friend's case originally came from or what its true value is. The cases TATE sold are black and look brand new. Are they remakes? The case I have to sell is old, with thick leather.. intact strap.. etc.

My friend is willing to let the case go for $250 (buyer pays shipping), btw... so if there are any takers, let me know.