Viking Cue Question...

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did Viking ever make a cue without their logo stamped anywhere on the cue?
Is there any online catalog of old Viking cues??

Thanks

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, they did. And a fair number of them I would think, but we don't see a lot of them turning up. For one thing they can be hard to ID and and I bet a lot of them did not survive having been relegated to door propping or paint stirring duty by unknowing persons.

Of course, those would be old cues. I am unaware of any of their "modern" cues being unmarked.

Seventh cue in this picture is my unmarked Viking:

IMG_0285.JPG

I don't know of any online resources for old Viking catalogs. Bluebook has some stuff on them.

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
how old? The one i just got has a smoke stain, black leather wrap, and white pearl rings at the joint (stainless steel). I'll try to get some pictures up soon.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How old? You mean for unmarked ones?

Well, I think after around 1980 or so they were all marked. I am not an expert though.

I am still trying to pin down the age of my own Viking. I have two other Vikings but they are a 1980/81 and about 1995, both marked and easy to ID from catalogs.

Let's see the pics. :D

I work for cool pool cue pictures....... :eek:

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ok i got some pics

Here are the pictures i took. Notice that the butt cap is threaded. The original owner told me he won it in a tournament and that it is a viking. But it has no markings of its make.

DSCN1260.jpg

DSCN1261.jpg

DSCN1264.jpg

DSCN1265.jpg

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like a Viking to me. Something from maybe the mid nineties or newer I think.

I have no idea why it has no logo.