Viking insert

Onepoolplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a couple of request of shafts for Viking cue but do not know where I can obtain the proper insert for their semi-quick release pin. If anyone know and would share the info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Frank.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somebody here told me that a regular 5/16x18 thread insert just needed to be drilled. I don't remember the size, it might have been 7/16? Anyway, hopefully somebody will chime in about it.

Makes it easy if the 18 thread insert is already installed.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just measure the front barrell on their joint pin and get that size drill and run it through the 5/16-18 insert. Or just use a mini-boring bar and bore the inside of the insert until it slips over.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, that's what I was told. Now that I see it I remember.

Seems like a simple enough solution. At least simpler than replacing the insert.

DoubleDCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Viking

I have done a few shafts for the Vikings in the past. Now I prefer to offer a discount on a new cue and sell them a custom cue. Factory cues are OK, but they look awsome in a campfire!

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I know what you mean. But you have to admit some of the very old Vikings are pretty cool. A totally different era though.

EDIT: Besides, the last Viking I picked up I got for $5, that's pretty hard to beat. :D