Virtual Pool 4 Online players?

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bumping to see if anyone else plays this game?

Hard to believe that on a forum of fanatics that there arent more than a couple..... :thumbup:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you play this on PC?

Yep, its a kick. Like I say, Im surprised in a forum of pool fanatics that there arent more players from here. Ive met a couple on there, hoping to get some more folks interested.

I have a table in the garage, but with my health situation, I can only play in short bursts. The video game is pretty damned accurate, and even though you dont get any real 'stroking practice', the rest of the game is spot on. Ive found it to be beneficial in keeping me interested in pool, and thinking pool even when I cant play real pool much right now.

With the online version, you are playing against other people as opposed to the computer, more fun that way. :thumbup:

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Can you set up a room for you and a friend to play in? If you can I'll go buy it and show you how to play.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Think I like to give this a try, does it have one pocket or bank pool?

Both, and a long list of others. The have 6 or 7 rules variations of 8 ball. Caroms, banks, all the regular games, bowlliards, cowboy.... etc etc etc.

With the online, there are tourneys etc.... depends on time of day. Ladders, single matches, challenge tables etc

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
$30! I'm way too cheap for that. :eek:

I think there is a 4-ball demo version that's free so you can see if you want to spend the big bucks.

VP is the most accurate pool (and billiards and snooker) simulator I know of -- it can actually help you understand real shots on real tables.

You can probably find one of the earlier versions (on CD) for $5 or so but they don't allow you to compete on-line.

caff3in3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think there is a 4-ball demo version that's free so you can see if you want to spend the big bucks.

VP is the most accurate pool (and billiards and snooker) simulator I know of -- it can actually help you understand real shots on real tables.

You can probably find one of the earlier versions (on CD) for $5 or so but they don't allow you to compete on-line.
A great one with realistic physics is pool break. You can get it on your phone or tablet. I've played most of the VP games and it is very close

Its free too!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Do any of these games come equipped with the famous "Ram Shot"?

I've been playing Hustle Kings on PS4 some for the past few days and I like it pretty well.
I grew up on Virtual Pool for PS1 though.

cincy_kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Chuck, glad you found VP4 as it is the best, most realistic pool sim ever created. I play it every day (alias is cincy_kid hehe) and only wish there were more who played it.

However since I am a one pocket nut that's really all I like to play unless bored then I will play about anything. I think there have been a few threads on here and/or on onepocket.org (mine is here: http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10900) to try to drum up some interest.

By the way, for $30 that's the single player version. You can get the online version with unlimited access to all games, all modes and online play with your friends or other for only $10 (I believe that you have to renew it once per year).

Anyways, great game indeed and they have something for everyone (3 cushion and straight rail billiards, one pocket, banks, snooker, all your traditional pocket games and games I had never heard of before until I started playing it.

Look me up if you are online and we can bang some around :)

PS - I also played Hustle Kings on PS3 and although it was ok at the time, its really no comparison to VP4.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do any of these games come equipped with the famous "Ram Shot"?

The original Virtual Pool allowed you to hit the ball 50-100 MPH which got some pretty spectacular masse shots. In later versions the speed was toned down a lot, like to Mike Massey range.