vnea chamionships las vegas 2014

worktheknight

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I came out for the singles 9 ball and singles 8 ball for the 23rd time. I signed up for the regular classic division which is for 50 year olds as the open has so many entries, I admire the consistant mind strength of the players who make the run to the top four. I am 53 years old now and made the final of 8 in the nine ball and final 16 of the 8 ball, lost in the first round of both events before making a run to 2nd place in the 9 ball and 5th place in the 8 ball. I am thrilled to have had a solid run in both events. However, the next day, talked with jerry briesath who was working his butt off with person after person. Things slowed for him and I asked him about losing my draw stroke more and more during the tournament to the point that I just went as much as possible with follow even if it didn't make sense sometimes. After 10 minutes with him, I was back to 10 foot draws if I wanted to. I then bought one of his cd's called - a pool lesson - and watched the cd 3 set dvd disk set until 3 in the morning. The only aid I have ever read or watched was 1980 books from robert bryne, how stupid !!!, what i learned by shooting and practicing for years is in this dvd set. There are numbers of good instructors but maybe a group of 5 to 6 master instructors in the country and for a group of 4 to 5 people to hire these guys is very affordable !!! I think back over 28 years of shooting and if I could have advanced myself one position in each tournament I ever cashed in, these guys would have been paid for in a couple of local tournaments or easily one national tournament. I can't wait to get home and start practicing for next year !!, lol. Get this video !!! great camera work, excellent instruction on how to get more results out of having a better stroke. I am very impressed. Even if I do not get as good of results next year, I will be a better shooter.
 
worktheknight...Jerry's dvd set is his legacy to the sport. He has been my friend, my mentor, and my hero for decades. My interaction with Jerry started with the VNEA national tournament too...but it was 30 years ago! Changed my life! :thumbup: I recommend A Pool Lesson to every student (even though I have my own dvd set). The info there is priceless. Congrats on a great finish! One of my instructors got 2nd in the open 9-ball division (Jeremiah Gage).

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com
 
Mr. Scott Lee: What was really incredible was witnessing a 16 year old spend about 20 minutes with Jerry !! In that 20 minutes, this young man learned how to stroke a cue. It was like a fast forward video right before my eyes. Amazing. Jerry done an excellent job as the young mans father was brought to the table as well and you could see that the father was of course, this young mans teacher for the last 11 years since the kid was 5 years old. Jerry brought the father to the table to ensure he was part of the process, even if the father was not totally sold on the instruction at first, but, once the progression was under way, well......lol...... you can't fight against results.
 
Back
Top