Wanted cue lathe to do shafts tips and ferrules with

CHAZ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just as title says looking for a lathe for doing shafts tips and ferrules.

stick130

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are doing ferrule and tips only, go to your local Harbor Freight Store and buy a small engine lathe. $500.00. You can buy an adjustable roller to hold the other end of the shaft or butt of a one piece cue.

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Ted Harris posted a Cue Companion for sale on this forum ... great machine for what you want to do.

HoldemRw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue companion hard to beat for those jobs. Its easy to work with and the customer service from unique is top notch

CHAZ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue lathe wanted

Still looking for a good cue lathe to do tips ferrules and shaft work. What is there out there for sale

JTs cuerepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lathe

Forget the Cue companion , That's a toy not a real lathe, Call Chris hightower @ cueman Billiards and buy the best there is for cues. If you did a poll on AZ I'm sure you would learn that more people have a Hightower lathe then any other, There is a reason why.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Still looking for a good cue lathe to do tips ferrules and shaft work. What is there out there for sale

You should post some more detail of what you mean by "shaft work".

If tips and ferrules is all you intend to do, the 7 x 10 or 12 mini bench lathe
is hard to beat for the money.

If you want to MAKE shafts, other options are probably more practical.

Dale

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if you do a search

You will find this question has been ask 1000 times. Answer you cannot get into the cue business for 12 dollars. A decent lathe is going to cost a couple thousand. Then a few hundred in materials. Don't try to cut corners. Call Hightower tell him what you want. Then save your money until you can buy a quality machine. I did not I bought a piece of crap when I started, don't make the same mistake I did.
BTW just spent 6k on a grizzly lathe and tooling. It's adicitive.