WANTED: Reviews & CF Shaft Experiences

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello AZB,

I'm looking feedback on some of the other brands of CF, I've already read lots of reviews for Revo, Cynergy, Muecci Pro, Defy, BlaCk, Rouge, Excel, Ignite....etc

What about the Siege, Pinnacle, Fire, XLR8, Bull, Spartan, J Flowers, Konllen? Let's hear about'em!

terpdad

Registered
The Bull is excellent w/ a very nice finish. It only comes in 12.2 & 11.75mm & that's a bit thinner than I prefer. Still, it is my 2d favorite of the ones I've played w/.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello AZB,

I'm looking feedback on some of the other brands of CF, I've already read lots of reviews for Revo, Cynergy, Muecci Pro, Defy, BlaCk, Rouge, Excel, Ignite....etc

What about the Siege, Pinnacle, Fire, XLR8, Bull, Spartan, J Flowers, Konllen? Let's hear about'em!
I wouldn't mind hearing about the Tiger Fortis shaft. Haven't found much info regarding that shaft.

BigBoof

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Revo, but I think for most people there isn't a wrong choice. You get used to playing w/ what you have.

I agree with you but I would say that the cheaper brands are lighter than normal. This can alter the balance you prefer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

terpdad

Registered
^^ I should have qualified I meant among the major manufacturers. I've read about what you describe & I wouldn't like that.

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
I have a Excel. If I saw it before I bought it, I would have passed. Stick with the big boy brands.

Juan A

Registered
I wouldn't mind hearing about the Tiger Fortis shaft. Haven't found much info regarding that shaft.
I was at Tiger Cues yesterday and got the opportunity to hit some with the 12.0 and the 12.5 Fortis. I really was impressed, so much so that I ordered a 12.5 on the spot. The hit was so much more firm and wood like than any of the other carbon shafts I have tried. I shoot almost exclusively with Revo's, but I do have extensive playing time with the Cutec Cynergy, and slightly less time with the Mezz and Meucci Carbon Shafts. The Fortis feels better than all of them No weird sounds, really good feel, just a great feeling and shooting product. At least for the hour I spent with it. I am hoping to get mine in the next couple of weeks and see how it plays in the real world.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was at Tiger Cues yesterday and got the opportunity to hit some with the 12.0 and the 12.5 Fortis. I really was impressed, so much so that I ordered a 12.5 on the spot. The hit was so much more firm and wood like than any of the other carbon shafts I have tried. I shoot almost exclusively with Revo's, but I do have extensive playing time with the Cutec Cynergy, and slightly less time with the Mezz and Meucci Carbon Shafts. The Fortis feels better than all of them No weird sounds, really good feel, just a great feeling and shooting product. At least for the hour I spent with it. I am hoping to get mine in the next couple of weeks and see how it plays in the real world.
Thank you sincerely. 😎👍

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you playing with a 12.9 or 12.4 Revo?
I played with a bunch of CF shafts. One night another player and I switched Revo shafts. At the end of the night we both liked the 12.4 better. I just keep coming back to my Revo.
I was just in Chicago without my cue, John loaned me his Defy with a radial pin. I played so well with it that night I might buy one so I can use it more extensively to give an honest opinion.

Juan A

Registered
I played with a bunch of CF shafts. One night another player and I switched Revo shafts. At the end of the night we both liked the 12.4 better. I just keep coming back to my Revo.
I was just in Chicago without my cue, John loaned me his Defy with a radial pin. I played so well with it that night I might buy one so I can use it more extensively to give an honest opinion.
I am playing with 12.9 Revo at this point. I have owned and tried 12.4 Revo's, but I always end up preferring the 12.9

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you feel the Defy had a very soft tip ? As in way softer then the Revo.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you feel the Defy had a very soft tip ? As in way softer then the Revo.
I didn't pay much attention to the tip but it was probably softer. I hated the Victory soft so I've been using a few different mediums, mostly Searing tips. What I did notice was less squirt and it just felt nice.

crazy8legs

Registered
I have a Excel. If I saw it before I bought it, I would have passed. Stick with the big boy brands.

What is it about it that you don’t like? I bought this shaft for my gf (and I wanted to try out a 30” shaft). The price was right, and she loves it.

But for me, while I think the feel/hit is really good (it has a techno dud tip), it deflects like an old school maple. (That makes it a no go for me.)

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
What is it about it that you don’t like? I bought this shaft for my gf (and I wanted to try out a 30” shaft). The price was right, and she loves it.

But for me, while I think the feel/hit is really good (it has a techno dud tip), it deflects like an old school maple. (That makes it a no go for me.)

Weight and joint diameter were way off to what I ordered. I reached to to them but was ignored. It does not play anywhere close to a Revo, Cynergy or Blak. On the plus side, it doesn't ding as easily as wood.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool Dawg has a returned Defy radial shaft with a 7 day return so I just ordered it. I did forget about the two different sized joint diameters so I hope it fits my butt.

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
I have been playing with a Meucci 1st generation carbon shaft with a Kamikaze Blk Med tip for two years and would not trade it for any shaft I have tried.