WATCH FOR SCAMMERS ON AZB FORUMS!

spliced

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are non-members watching the wanted section here on AZB. If you post an email or phone number they will contact you with pictures of the item you were looking for that they downloaded from Facebook or Google. They want payment via zelle, venmo, or PayPal friends and family.

I narrowly avoided sending $ for a case to one of these scammers. The pics he sent looked familiar so I searched the case on Facebook and found the thread he stole the pics from. First gave me a paypal address for the name Samwell Onyango but later sent a paypal invoice with the name Peter Njeche. Claimed he was in West Virginia and texted me with a WV area code but I'm pretty sure he's in some African country. Typed in slightly broken English. I later received a text from a different number offering me a case with the same pictures as the last guy sent.

There was someone else on AZ who got scammed recently who posted a similar experience to mine. They text you, accept payment, and disappear. He also said the guy was named Peter but with a different last name and located in FL.

I'm no longer going to post my phone or email. Only deal with AZ members who PM you and have itrader feedback! Be careful!!!

daniel

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There are non-members watching the wanted section here on AZB. If you post an email or phone number they will contact you with pictures of the item you were looking for that they downloaded from Facebook or Google. They want payment via zelle, venmo, or PayPal friends and family.

I narrowly avoided sending $ for a case to one of these scammers. The pics he sent looked familiar so I searched the case on Facebook and found the thread he stole the pics from. First gave me a paypal address for the name Samwell Onyango but later sent a paypal invoice with the name Peter Njeche. Claimed he was in West Virginia and texted me with a WV area code but I'm pretty sure he's in some African country. Typed in slightly broken English. I later received a text from a different number offering me a case with the same pictures as the last guy sent.

There was someone else on AZ who got scammed recently who posted a similar experience to mine. They text you, accept payment, and disappear. He also said the guy was named Peter but with a different last name and located in FL.

I'm no longer going to post my phone or email. Only deal with AZ members who PM you and have itrader feedback! Be careful!!!
Yep I almost got burned but the guy couldn't take paypal credit. Same game he wanted zelle or pp friends & family. Guy called with a Mississippi number but paypal in Africa. Be careful fellow azers.

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
I have an ad looking for a Tascarella shaft. A couple of days ago, I got a text from a Mississippi number, but my phone # was not in the ad. He did send me pictures, but the shaft had the wrong ringwork. I asked him how he go my phone number, never answered. Very fishy-

-dj

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve heard of these scams over the years and I always wonder why pool cues that are so obscure. It’s like a scammer from Nigeria went out of their way to learn about cues and cases when they’ve probably never played a game of pool in their life.

DJKeys

Sound Design
Silver Member
I’ve heard of these scams over the years and I always wonder why pool cues that are so obscure. It’s like a scammer from Nigeria went out of their way to learn about cues and cases when they’ve probably never played a game of pool in their life.
I think they probably search out "Wanted to Buy" for any product-

-dj

azdiamondbacks1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep. Dude replied to my "want to buy post" contacting me thru my cell number i had added to post.
Sent me a picture of cue he found thru google. Wanted me to pay f/f. I knew he was scammer when he
wasn't even willing to accept pp g/s with me adding for fees. Texted me from 228-367-4427. Lots of honest
people out there but there's no shortage of deadbeat scammers either.