Wayne Holmes Cue Collection - Cues Wanted!

The_Mole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have a modest collection of Wayne Holmes Cues and I am always looking for cues to add to my collection.

I am particularly looking for some of his older cues pre 2000 either merry widow or floating points.

But saying all that I'll look at just about anything.

I have attached a picture of the Wayne Cues I currently own for a little eye candy :)

I prowl this forum looking for cues so I will have already seen what has been on offer in other threads.

DSCF0816.jpg

DSCF0819.jpg

DSCF0820.jpg

Last edited:

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Hey Matt,

I just saw your email, was gonna reply your mail with loads of words I can't write here...I'll be civil and say that a naked nun climbing the great wall of china is more modest than your collection...

My favs are the 3rd and 4th cue from the left...beauty...goodluck with your search... Oh and you should upload the other 2 pix u sent me as well!!

The_Mole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
More info on the cues.

Jive , thanks for the kind words and I would really like to meet that nun ;-). I have uploaded more pictures are you suggested.

The First cue - is ebony with Stirling silver vaneers and rings. This was the first Wayne cue I ever bought and I got it from Mr D’vali (The Diamond). This cue started a fantastic friendship with Wayne and his wife Pat in turn led me to visit him in the USA twice. Pat and Wayne are two of the nicest and funniest people to hang round with. Thanks for that Si…..

Cues 2 and 3 - are a matched set with cue 3 being a jump break cue.

Cue 4 - is a snake wood bridge point cue Wayne made for me after what seamed about 2 years of talking about the design. I love that cue it’s been executed perfectly, it’s so good I don’t really play with it.

Cue 5 - I picked this cue up I when I visited Wayne last year. He had it all ready and I was lucky enough to partner Wayne in a local doubles 8 ball event using this cue. This cue is my main player and just like the rest shoots the lights out.

Cue 6 – Is a rose wood 4 pointer with hoppe ring I got off AZ. This is the perfect players cue.

Cue 7 – is a conversion of a 20+ year old Dufferin cue Wayne had hanging around and is a replica of the break cue Wayne made for his personal use. This cue plays way too good to be a breaker and it now has a playing tip fitted.

Cue 8 – is a palm wood jump cue and I love this cue as it does what it says on the tin, jumps perfectly.

But like I say in the post above I am always on the look out for interesting additional cues for my wardrobe ;-) shush don’t tell the wife!

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I have a modest collection of Wayne Holmes Cues and I am always looking for cues to add to my collection.

I am particularly looking for some of his older cues pre 2000 either merry widow or floating points.

But saying all that I'll look at just about anything.

I have attached a picture of the Wayne Cues I currently own for a little eye candy :)

I prowl this forum looking for cues so I will have already seen what has been on offer in other threads.

I have never seen this gentemans work, but I have to say I love it. Traditional designs, great combinations of woods and inlays, and wonderful looking finish work.

Where is this gentleman from and how long has he been building cue?

The_Mole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have never seen this gentemans work, but I have to say I love it. Traditional designs, great combinations of woods and inlays, and wonderful looking finish work.

Where is this gentleman from and how long has he been building cue?

Wayne is now recently retired but was making cues for over 30 years out of North Carolina and he has a loyal following form the people who have been lucky enough to have discovered his cues.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aw man. My best friend and I were just looking at Wayne's website. I was going to call him to see what ideas he had in regards to a cue for me.

So, he's completely out of the cuemaking biz?

Wayne is now recently retired but was making cues for over 30 years out of North Carolina and he has a loyal following form the people who have been lucky enough to have discovered his cues.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What price ranges would a Wayne Holmes go for? Like a traditional 4-point with veneers. Nothing too flashy. I'd be very interested in one like the OP has to the left of the Dufferin. I believe it's the Rosewood.

Last edited:

poolcuemaster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
Matt I believe that we have met before, I think you played in my 9 ball tournament while staying at Waynes house. I could be wrong but I think you came over to play in the Smokey Mountain Shootout a couple of years ago. Anyway I am Leonard and I have a 4 point cue Wayne made that I will sell and if you pm me I'll send you my cell number.--Leonard Holmes

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Hey matt...am looking for that nun myself...she's illusive and the wall's really long...

Goodluck finding more Holmes!!

The_Mole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Tim - Thanks for the kind words I hope you are keeping well and Happy Birthday.

Fathomblue - I've sent you a PM.

Leonard - How could I forget you and that great little Club Badfish Billiards ;-) I am still trying to remember how to run that funny little tournament where you only play one rack on a table and move round. I've sent you a PM.

The_Mole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Still looking

I've had some nice PMs with stories about players cues and experiences but I'm still on the lookout for cues.

Must be some old ones out there.

cueball981

Struggling Cue Artist
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Matt, unfortunately my Wayne will remain in my possesion, considering it was his last cue made; however, if I come across any Waynes I'll look you up. I just began playing with mine more than the Kikel I have and it's really starting to grow on me. His full-splice cues hit lights out. I really need to call him as it's been awhile. Hope you are doing well too!

Chris