We need more topics here in Carom land!

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
O.K. So, I come to AZB and always check out the Carom section first to maybe learn something new since I'm a noob to 3C....But there are just too few topics and I can't stand reading the main forum sometimes!

So I am just going to ask questions here about what I am working on during my sessions at home learning 3C. Please add to my question list with your own if you want. I just want to be able to come to the Carom forum and stay! :)

Question #1: Is there anyone here who has installed Royal Pro cloth on their home, unheated table? AND how did the process go?

thanks, Gerry

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
wish there was more going on too but what can you do
cant help you on your question
im a super newb to the game but im hooked

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
wish there was more going on too but what can you do
cant help you on your question
im a super newb to the game but im hooked

good luck in your quest....:wink:
ive asked many questions and there are not many who wish to share their knowledge/experience...:(:(
its too bad
i play onepocket(sorry folks)
at onepocket.org we have many shot diagrams and ask
WHAT WOULD YOU DO???
its very informative to see peoples responces
perhaps you guys could show layouts and discuss the various options
just a suggestion to improve this sement of the 3 C players that want to learn about the game
who cares whos winning the take your pick 3c tournament
i want to learn about 3 cushion....:)
HELP ME LEARN
JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION
I COULD BE WRONG

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
ive asked many questions and there are not many who wish to share
HELP ME LEARN

thats too bad
like I said I'm just literally in my second week of practicing it on my gold crown

but seems as though there's atleast 1 local player here that is willing to throw a newb a bone

ive never met anyone who plays 3 cushion

Abraham_Solis

Registered
Royal Pro i think is better than Simonis it is faster,really doesnt need much heating, it'll last way longer and half the price
On the forum stuff i dont know whats up i check USBA website and its just dead.. Smh
Seems like 3 Cushion is real busy on Facebook

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Royal Pro i think is better than Simonis it is faster,really doesnt need much heating, it'll last way longer and half the price
On the forum stuff i dont know whats up i check USBA website and its just dead.. Smh
Seems like 3 Cushion is real busy on Facebook

thats good to know about royal pro never heard of it

SlickRick_PCS

Pool, Snooker, Carom
Silver Member
Let's put it like this:
All those that were here when "Carom Billiards" came into existence (instead of the old "Deno Andrews and Carom Billiards") it was a big deal. There were so many debates that used to be going on back in the later end of the 2000s. NOW, this portion of the forums are as you see it today. It is solely because there is absolutely no worth wasting time on a computer and typing away our rants, opinions, and (in most cases) advice. If we did the later, there would be some moron that would rebuttal rubbish! Eze123 did that MANY times against me, back then.
I go on this forum and offer input once in a blue moon.
Why is that?
Because there is no worth on trying to waste time on the computer, throwing knowledge on others when they think my input is worth a peanut. So for this, I say, "Fah-get-about-it," and stop giving a damn. I would rather put all my energy on finding a great job, raising a family, and having a great life outside of billiards.
Billiards will always be there. By the people of the United States of America, billiards will only be a f***ing hobby.... a game... not a sport!

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ive asked many questions and there are not many who wish to share their knowledge/experience...:(:(
its too bad
i play onepocket(sorry folks)
at onepocket.org we have many shot diagrams and ask
WHAT WOULD YOU DO???
its very informative to see peoples responces
perhaps you guys could show layouts and discuss the various options
just a suggestion to improve this sement of the 3 C players that want to learn about the game
who cares whos winning the take your pick 3c tournament
HELP ME LEARN
JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION
I COULD BE WRONG

Don't be sorry .....1 pocket is the toughest game there is, and I went on a quest...much like now with 3C, to learn 1 hole about 5 years ago. I set up a camera over my table and worked out many of the situations we set up over at the 1 pocket forum and loaded them up at Vimeo. Maybe I'll start doing that here to work out solutions for 3C positions.

It's a shame with all the people around the world that play billiards that this forum is so dead. Maybe it's a language thing, or maybe there are other places where they discuss the game?

For now I watch a TON of youtube video to learn this game, and I am lucky enough to have Cigar Dave, a good friend and teacher that has played this game at a high level for 40 odd years.

I guess if the senior experienced players don't have the time, or don't want to be bothered here, then the rest of us can work it out ourselves with the net, video, and books. With all the info online the game has never been easier to learn.

G.

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes its a shame this forum dead.... But what worst is how dead the USBA forum is,its mummized. Just read ProfessorQball website for the best info. for U.S. 3C....

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I may enter the fray? I won't comment on Royal Pro because I'm the distributor. But you are wecolme to get comments from people I sold it to. Just pm me.

Regarding participation. There are several factors that go into why the carom forum is not robust. The least of which is the notion that people want to keep secret information from neophites. New players are the life-blood of any sport.

One thing that I observed are the metrics on the 14.1 forum. Notice the thread vs. post disparity between the two forums:

threads 3,350
posts43,681

In the carom forum
threads 3,256
posts 17,620

Some of us have tried to kick start participation from time to time with some success.

Case in point: The diagram.

Slick Rick posted that posting/communicating/participating is a waste of time. I appreciate his candid response and understand his angst. But at a certain level in the grand scheme of things everything is a waste of time so to speak.

The adage that "build it and they will come" only works when they actually use what was built for them to use.

In conclusion I have met the devil and he is us.

Last edited:

j0elpark

Registered
By the way, I know some people were having some trouble with saving the diagrams as images. On a Mac, you can press Command+Shift+4 to take a screenshot, and for Windows, you can use Alt+Print Screen and paste into Paint.

Here are instructions for Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361

And for Windows: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-xp/help/setup/take-a-screen-shot

You can crop the image in Paint. On a Mac, you can just select how much you want to capture. I don't know why I didn't think of this before.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If I may enter the fray? I won't comment on Royal Pro because I'm the distributor. But you are wecolme to get comments from people I sold it to. Just pm me.

Regarding participation. There are several factors that go into why the carom forum is not robust. The least of which is the notion that people want to keep secret information from neophites. New players are the life-blood of any sport.

One thing that I observed are the metrics on the 14.1 forum. Notice the thread vs. post disparity between the two forums:

threads 3,350
posts43,681

In the carom forum
threads 3,256
posts 17,620

Some of us have tried to kick start participation from time to time with some success.

Case in point: The diagram.

Slick Rick posted that posting/communicating/participating is a waste of time. I appreciate his candid response and understand his angst. But at a certain level in the grand scheme of things everything is a waste of time so to speak.

The adage that "build it and they will come" only works when they actually use what was built for them to use.

im a newbee
which is my cue ball?...:eek:...:eek:

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good question? I thought many of us decided that white was always the cueball but often my memory doesn't serve me well. But for the sake of conversation....if you were white what would you shoot? If you were yellow what would you shoot?

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Good question? I thought many of us decided that white was always the cueball but often my memory doesn't serve me well. But for the sake of conversation....if you were white what would you shoot? If you were yellow what would you shoot?

this is something I dont yet understand
I see most of the time I see a player hitting his cue ball into the red to strike the other cue ball

then I see it in reverse
the I see 1 cushion or 2 cushion shots

I really really dont get it

zensteve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been playing these against my friend Ray Alvarado (sp?) with some success.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
this is something I dont yet understand
I see most of the time I see a player hitting his cue ball into the red to strike the other cue ball

then I see it in reverse
the I see 1 cushion or 2 cushion shots

I really really dont get it

your cue ball (ball 1)has to hit three or more cushions
it can go 3c or more and hit the 2 balls(called ball 2 and ball 3)
it can go into a ball then 3 or more cushions and then the 3rd ball
it can go 2 rails hit a a ball then a cushion than the 3rd ball (called an umbrella shot)
get the idea???

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

threads 3,350
posts43,681

In the carom forum
threads 3,256
posts 17,620

fwiw
at onepocket.org
in the forum section the numbers are
threads 7,239 posts 115.538
in the members only section(where non one pocket subjects can be discussed)
threads1366 posts 22840