Weather check............

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The coldest I remember ever being was in Miami, FL in February or March. I had a gas jockey job and had to be there at 5:00 am and the store part wasn't open until 7ish so I had to work outside for a couple of hours. The temp was in the 50's, but I swear I was colder than I'd ever been in Iowa.

Jeff Livingston
I feel the same way once acclimated here. Can't stay warm when it dips below 50 here, fortunately I adjust ok when going to a cold climate.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haven't seen above zero for 3 days now, and that's for daytime highs. The other morning was 31 below, this morning was a heat wave at 19 below, really sunny out so might make it to zero. Weatherman keep saying it's going to break tomorrow, then when tomorrow comes they say tomorrow again. Supposedly Tuesday we might get above zero. We've had night time below zero Temps going on two weeks now, been setting records for the last 4 days now. Must be that global warming everyone is talking about. Funny how we don't break summer warm temp records.

CLAUD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Currently 36 & windy, in my part of Louisiana. Supposed to hit 27 tonight and 15 tomorrow night.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
It's 22 F this afternoon. Its been in the low single digits at night the last week or so, not unusual for this time of year. All in all tho, we've had a rather mild winter, so far (hoping to not jinx it) so we shouldn't complain.

Bangor, Maine. (usually lots more snow and lots longer periods of extreme cold, compared to this year)

Last edited:

thenuke

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here in Weatherford, Tx - just outside of Ft Worth - 14 and snowing. Only one time in my life have we had such a cold snap.

In 1983 we had 13 days where it did not get above freezing. Lake Worth froze over, remember seeing a Volkswagen out on the ice..

Have 3 inches of snow, expecting it to snow through Mon AM. NOT used to this

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Northern Virginia here. This morning when I went to get the paper on the driveway it was 30 degrees. It was very icy. I got to the paper by a short jump to the frozen grass and flower bed.

The dog across the street sees me and heads over for a Milky Bone that he knows I'm good for. So Max with four legs and one inch nails is slipping, sliding and falling trying to get up the drive and into my garage. He only made it about four feet up the driveway before he gave up.

I foolishly made the jump from the crunchy grass to grab the door frame of the garage. BTW I found the Sunday paper from two weeks ago in the piled up snow too. I had really looked for it when I was blowing the snow back then. The coldest we've seen was 16, not bad but the ice sucks.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Northern California, 53 now, on the way to 56 today -- quite a bit colder than LA. My tomato plant is still hanging in there (from last year) and the daffodils are coming up nicely.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not 'sposed to get above freezing here 'til Friday. I have food, tp, gars and bourbon. I think i'll make it. ;) All the reports are fun to read. (y)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
This will make you feel better, czar
Canada...last time this happened was 100 years ago...every provincial capital was below freezing couple days ago.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ea1238ac6c91ca94c7047be7fb2adc93.jpg

7 degrees here in Abilene Texas and snowing like crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ssonerai

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Central upstate NY one of the best recent winters we've had!
Snow, temps in the 20's & teens past few weeks, up around freezing today but looking at 10-12" snow next days until Tues afternooon.
If we are lucky, this will keep up through March or April, hoping. :)
Forgot to ski the last 10 years, and loving every minute again. Fun that midweek half the guys on the hill are us old geezers & a few agile old ladies, too.

smt

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Central upstate NY one of the best recent winters we've had!
Snow, temps in the 20's & teens past few weeks, up around freezing today but looking at 10-12" snow next days until Tues afternooon.
If we are lucky, this will keep up through March or April, hoping. :)
Forgot to ski the last 10 years, and loving every minute again. Fun that midweek half the guys on the hill are us old geezers & a few agile old ladies, too.

smt
Sounds like fun! I haven't been skiing since I left Colorado in 1991. It's hard to believe you guys are having such mild temps compared to us down here in the southwest.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Currently a balmy -4f (-20c). I say balmy because we're coming off of a week that's hit -40 (same in F or C) several times. Oh Canada!

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
9 F was the coldest we realized this AM with a 5 MPH breeze out of the N.

5F is projected for M night-Tue AM

Snow projected between 3 to 8" and maybe more (i could forecast the weather with that kind of a spread) between now and Tue AM

Located in the Memphis area apprx 30 mi E of the river

forgot to add that my security gate wouldn't function because of ice build up...had to remove the chain (froze my ass off) in case we need to leave the house until the sleet, freezing rain and snow stops

The last time it was this cold for this long was either in 81 or 82 when Iggy and the Bengals played in the Super Bowl