Weather check............

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TN/ kintuk area Clarksville a few minutes ago and light snow coming down!
768920ec3e8c4299a02788f8a08a2c05.jpg

71abaf0fe329819ec14bb139fd8bc513.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron Padilla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven’t been in snow like this in over 40 plus’s years when I flew out of Colorado Springs in Dec 75 when ets’d out of the Army, been in a few as I was passing through but this is something else, and it’s snowing now with more to come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
My daughter sent me a picture of her -1 degree in Colorado and my sister said it was snowing Pennsylvania.
82 here in south Florida so I sent them this

View attachment 585097

We were having a perfect Spring like we might get once every ten years if we are lucky! Guys were calling in right and left with one day pneumonia. We were hourly anyway so I just called my superintendent and told him I couldn't make it in because of the weather. "What do you mean, the weather is perfect!" "Too nice to be in Dow Chemical today!" I damned near got fired over that. Three-fourths the crew of thirty or so called in sick and the boss didn't whine. I called and told him the truth, he was upset! I was boss lots of times and it was always funny. A guy would call in one day and be barely able to croak. Next day he would come through the gate whistling! Yeah, right. It was funny, I never cared if they came to work or not, it was their paycheck they were dinging.

I was supposed to see 34 degrees F today. Missed by about ten degrees, the wrong way! 24 but some rain or something is gonna fall later tonight and bring in a heat wave. A good thing, I had to cancel a pool match on my back porch due to ice!

Hu

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From Abilene TX, finally got power back on about an hour ago, let's hope we can keep it on and keep the house well above the 40 degree range. Still no water though, baby steps I guess. Just hoping like heck the pex tubing is not going to flood the house when the city turns the water back on. I think I'll shut it off at the street now and wait until they turn it back on, then slowly open my street valve to see if it's holding pressure. On a side note, I found out that memory foam mattresses and pillows become rock hard in 40 degrees conditions. My wife has been a real trooper through this.

wagdad

Yup, I'm that Guy.
Silver Member
Here in Michigan we are at 4:10 a.m. 9⁰, wind chill is -10⁰ I use to live in Florida and California. Next move is Switzerland!

The coldest I remember ever being was in Miami, FL in February or March. I had a gas jockey job and had to be there at 5:00 am and the store part wasn't open until 7ish so I had to work outside for a couple of hours. The temp was in the 50's, but I swear I was colder than I'd ever been in Iowa.

Jeff Livingston
Yean I'm in iowa we had -40 wind-chill yesterday

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All these responses have been awesome. Some have it better than where i'm at, some worse. One crazy week if you're in the middle of the country. 16deg in Louisiana is just insane. For all you guys where its over 65deg i hope your tip falls off your cue. ;)

RacerX750

Registered
Ok folks. Gimme a temp. check where you're at. I'm in Tulsa Ok. and right now the temp is 6deg with a windchill of -14deg. Expecting 5-9" snow. You guys in southern climes feel free to piss me off. ;)
I'm in Colorado and feel your pain, we've been several degrees below zero here with some wind, but it's not terrible. Then again I'm not a native and lived in Buffalo, NY where during a blizzard that lasted 5 days I walked a few hundred yards one night to get a case of beer. It was -30 degrees with a 30 MPH wind. Now that was cold, but, we were out of beer so you do what you have to. Left the case of bottles in the unheated vestibule and it froze popping the caps off. So we had to drink beer slushies. Compared to that, it's springtime in CO to me.