Went drinking....had 10 beers...left cue

dom_poppa

Banned
Met a friend at the pool...got drunk and left the pool hall with my cue behind the bar.

Went looking for it a few weeks ago. The cue is no longer behind the bar or in the office.

Accepted the fact that I lost the cue.

This afternoon went into my office in the garage....low and behold the cue and the case it was in was under the coffee table in there.

Was going to retire from pool but somehow the pool gods want to keep me in the game.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
For cues there is the RFID microchip ($25). This would be inside the cue case, and your phone would sound an alert if it's separated by more than 94'.

These are one time fee, meaning once you pay for the tile or trackr you don't pay any monthly charges to maintain it.

I was thinking about the same thing when I thought I lost my cue.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
At least you didn't go into your garage the next morning to find a police car with lights still flashing...

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dom,

No damage to your car the next morning and you ultimately find your cues......Gosh, a lesson well learned and thank goodness no consequences to you.....take a bended knee.

Matt B.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
For cues there is the RFID microchip ($25). This would be inside the cue case, and your phone would sound an alert if it's separated by more than 94'.

These are one time fee, meaning once you pay for the tile or trackr you don't pay any monthly charges to maintain it.

94 ft. is pretty far & may already be out the door but can we get a link to it?

Thanks if we can.
Rick

PS I sort of blame losing a match once for having to worry about my case after a group set up shop nearby, but it was my fault for not packing it up & putting it under the table.

Last edited:

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Met a friend at the pool...got drunk and left the pool hall with my cue behind the bar.

Went looking for it a few weeks ago. The cue is no longer behind the bar or in the office.

This afternoon went into my office in the garage....low and behold the cue and the case it was in was under the coffee table in there.

Was going to retire from pool but somehow the pool gods want to keep me in the game.

Pretty sure the gods are saying not to get blackout drunk.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I made a solemn oath to myself that I would never consume adult beverages unless I was alone, or with somebody. :)

Last edited:

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Where do you live and what nights do you go out drinking. I will be sure to stay home on those nights if you are in my area. You were driving in a coma.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Pretty sure the gods are saying not to get blackout drunk.

"The Gods"? I think you mean his brain and his liver. Oh, well he's not the only one that has woken up with the evidence of alchohol impaired judgement and memory in close vicinity, if you know what I mean.

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Don't think you are alone in dumb deeds.

When I was single and much younger, I had a very nice diamond ring. Like you, i had too much to drink one Friday night and when the bar closed, I went to the restroom and washed my hands to get off the pool chalk.

When I got out to my car, I thought, "oh crap, I took off that ring while washing my hands"! I rushed back in but the ring was not there.

I went home, sick at the thought that I left a $3000 diamond ring in a restroom and it was now being enjoyed by someone else.

When I went to my bedroom dresser, there was the ring. I did not wear it that night but in my inebriated mind, I thought I did. Cut back on my drinking!

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been looking for my office keys for a week. We just moved and lots of things are in turmoil.

I found them. In my pocket, with my change. I've been carrying them around with my loose change not knowing it.

And I was not drinking. :wink:

Once in my life I lost my Joss in it's original Fellini case.

Back around 1989 or 1990 I got into an accident. Actually I rear ended my chemistry professor. I bumped my head and went to the hospital in an ambulance.

My car was totaled.

In those days I was playing every day and my Joss, in the Fellini case, was in the back seat of my car.

A couple days later I got to the lot where the car was towed but it was Sunday and they were closed. I could see the car but I could not get to it. I knew for certain things went missing from cars at that lot all the time. The tow truck operators took things regularly. Plus it was raining and the windows were broken out of the car.

When I got to the car on Monday the cue was gone.

After a couple days of recovery (minor injuries) I got back to school and went to see the prof that I hit. He was very understanding. He had a little neck soreness and I had only bent the bumper on his Jeep yet my little subcompact was totaled.

As we spoke he said he had something for me. He had not opened it but it looked important so he grabbed it out of my car at the scene of the accident before they towed my car away. From under his desk he produced my Fellini with the Joss inside, undamaged and safe.

dom_poppa

Banned
I have been looking for my office keys for a week. We just moved and lots of things are in turmoil.

I found them. In my pocket, with my change. I've been carrying them around with my loose change not knowing it.

And I was not drinking. :wink:

Once in my life I lost my Joss in it's original Fellini case.

Back around 1989 or 1990 I got into an accident. Actually I rear ended my chemistry professor. I bumped my head and went to the hospital in an ambulance.

My car was totaled.

In those days I was playing every day and my Joss, in the Fellini case, was in the back seat of my car.

A couple days later I got to the lot where the car was towed but it was Sunday and they were closed. I could see the car but I could not get to it. I knew for certain things went missing from cars at that lot all the time. The tow truck operators took things regularly. Plus it was raining and the windows were broken out of the car.

When I got to the car on Monday the cue was gone.

After a couple days of recovery (minor injuries) I got back to school and went to see the prof that I hit. He was very understanding. He had a little neck soreness and I had only bent the bumper on his Jeep yet my little subcompact was totaled.

As we spoke he said he had something for me. He had not opened it but it looked important so he grabbed it out of my car at the scene of the accident before they towed my car away. From under his desk he produced my Fellini with the Joss inside, undamaged and safe.

That is a fantastic story. The part where the professor handed you back your cue and not the part where you were hurt. Seeing your signature picture I am assuming you still have the Joss.:wink:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a fantastic story. The part where the professor handed you back your cue and not the part where you were hurt. Seeing your signature picture I am assuming you still have the Joss.:wink:

Yup. I have owned it since 1985, made in the mid-seventies, amazing cue IMHO.

IMG_0194.JPG

IMG_0195.JPG

IMG_0189.JPG