Western Regional Tour Championships Today

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
Here's the link with the bracket boards.

http://nwpatour.files.wordpress.com/...oard-link1.pdf

I'm in a tough bracket. Only the top 2 from each board make it into the final 16 board and into the money. I get to play OMGWTF. :p

Wish me luck today... I'm gonna need it after playing bar box 8 ball for the past 4 years! :eek:

It's going to be live streamed on rail2rail productions and embedded on youstream.

Here's their info:

LIVE from the Parlor Billiards & Spirits in Bellevue, Washington!!
32 of the best players from the Western Regional Tours will be playing for a paid entry into the WPBA US Open.

Tours Represented:

Arizona Women's Billiard Tour
So. California Ladies Tour
West Coast Women's Tour
Northwest Women's Pool Association Tour

May 5th-6th 10 am Pacific Time

http://www.rail2rail.tv

DRW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
brackets

Here's the link with the bracket boards.

http://nwpatour.files.wordpress.com/...oard-link1.pdf

I'm in a tough bracket. Only the top 2 from each board make it into the final 16 board and into the money. I get to play OMGWTF. :p

Wish me luck today... I'm gonna need it after playing bar box 8 ball for the past 4 years! :eek:

It's going to be live streamed on rail2rail productions and embedded on youstream.

Here's their info:

LIVE from the Parlor Billiards & Spirits in Bellevue, Washington!!
32 of the best players from the Western Regional Tours will be playing for a paid entry into the WPBA US Open.

Tours Represented:

Arizona Women's Billiard Tour
So. California Ladies Tour
West Coast Women's Tour
Northwest Women's Pool Association Tour

May 5th-6th 10 am Pacific Time

http://www.rail2rail.tv
I hit the link to the brackets 3 times and each time, it says file not found. Good luck Linda.

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
Somebody out there wasn't wishing me luck! The rolls all went totally one way, hers. I officially suck. Got 5 zipped by Mary Hopkin (i beat her last time we played) and virtually no chance of being in the top 2 unless I beat everyone else 5 zip.

Game 1, I scratched on the 8 so she gets ball in hand on the 9. These tables are super fast. Game 2, she should have scratched, but it hung on the lip with the 1 buried. I try a long jump and foul. She safes, I kick 3 rails it goes just long where the air whooshed by it. She safes again, and I play a 5 rail kick shot and missed it by a half inch. So instead of me almost getting ball in hand, she 3 fouls me.

Game 3, I'm running out good, get just off of straight on the 6, put inside English on it to stay on the correct side of the 7, and whitey takes off to the right like I had right English on it! My mouth just dropped because it was so unexpected! I guess I could have played safe, but I'm a good banker and it was a small back cut long railer. Hung it, she gets out. Game 4, she accidentally kicked in the 9 with the 5. She was trying to shoot the 5 in the side, it hit the tit and came back into the 9.

Now I'm kind of on tilt, and she's running out and on the 6 and there's no 8. She misses and I can't believe I'm getting back to the table again. She leaves me fairly good, but I over hit it and now I'm above the 7 with a sharp cut into the side and no way to get back down table. If I try to spin whitey down table with follow, it could be a scratch in the side, if I shoot it firmly with draw and come around 3 rails the ball will probably reject out of the pocket. (I tried both scenarios after the match and they both came true.). If I play the little safe where you hit it in front of the side pocket, it will go down near the 9 and I didn't like it so I figure go down shooting. Played a crossover bank without even aiming it. Told you I was on tilt! Just missed and she's out and I'm looking at a big goose egg. Drat! It's gonna be a looooooong day. :(

Last edited:

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
Well at least I minimized the suckage on my 2nd match against Susan Wilbur who is tied for #2 on the AZ tour. I got out every time I was supposed to, except once on the 7 ball. Score was 5-1. She was tied for first in the first round, so at least we're about even now. I just need to keep playing that way. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well at least I minimized the suckage

Jeez Linda, Thanks for the chuckle. OH BTW I know the felling well!

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
When I thought I had no chance at all, turns out I actually finished first out of my group, winning the next 5 matches! I was stunned and happy to make it to the final 8. So happy that I played like a moron and finished 5th. Not bad for the bar box queen, lol.

All final 8 players came from the NWPA, the association I started as the ACW. Technically, I qualified from the northern Cali tour, but my heart will always be in Seattle and I feel like an honorary member still. Right now it's 7-7, Liz Cole and Kim Jones. You can watch it on live streaming right now.

rackmsuckr

Silver Member
It went hill- hill, but Kim Jones won! Congratulations to both players on an excellent finish and thank you to the Parlor, the WPBA, and to the NWPA.

Banks

Banned
It went hill- hill, but Kim Jones won! Congratulations to both players on an excellent finish and thank you to the Parlor, the WPBA, and to the NWPA.

Dang, was hoping that Liz would pull out another big win. She's been doing okay lately. ;) I played a ring game with Kim and a few others last fall at the coast, she's no slouch either. Hill match, eh? That must've been something to watch!