What a Mess

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finished the dismantle of my Centennial last night. When I took another look at it today, just shook my head. There was a layer of chalk all over the rack side of the slate and caked on there heavy ,,in almost like lines ,thick I mean. Sorta shaky about just cleaning it with water to get it all off. Maybe a light spray and then a light brushing until it's all clean,,,I mean the chalk was heavy under that cloth and matted down,,Wow.. No wonder I was getting out'a line so much

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, your right. I had forgotten how long ago I had set the table up. Little over 10 years since I put the last cloth on, and brushing doesn't really clean. Guess it's time to give her a sponge bath. I have the slates off , and I marked everything from the center slate still screwed down , how the outside slates hook up. To make sure that the table base is in the same part of the room when the new floor is installed,,small screw eyes were put into the drop ceiling with fly line and sinker on the end of three different spots on the frame ,,as in a plumb bob for 3 different points of reference. Have sanded about half of the rail sections for the new cushions to be installed. I used my Starrett Mic to measure the contact point on the old rails, then removed one of the rails and installed a new rail held on by tape and got the same reading of contact between the old and the new. Looks good , but this old guy is starting to show some fatigue ,,Lots of blue dust in the air , should have worn my mask and socially distanced there a time or two, LOL

JC

Coos Cues
Get a Roomba
There's nothing under the cloth or rails of our tables when we recover them. Your bridge hand never gets dirty.
Just toss the roomba on there after you play and the cloth stays clean.
Do you recommend the $300, the $700 or the $1100 roomba to extend the life of your $250 cloth longer than 7 or 8 years?

:D:D:D

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Do you recommend the $300, the $700 or the $1100 roomba to extend the life of your $250 cloth longer than 7 or 8 years?

:D:D:D
I've bought more than a dozen of them now, and never paid more than $140! This one might have been used twice, practically brand new.

fydXaaw.jpeg

JC

Coos Cues
I've bought more than a dozen of them now, and never paid more than $140! This one might have been used twice, practically brand new.

fydXaaw.jpeg
What do you use for the rails? And under the rails? I have a trio of Mr. Sticky lint rollers that if used every couple of days pick up the vast majority of the chalk and lint. After rolling you clean it off with dish soap and warm water and when it dries it's ready for another go.

I do not however use them every couple of days, nor my break cloth. I am a lazy bastard.

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
What do you use for the rails? And under the rails? I have a trio of Mr. Sticky lint rollers that if used every couple of days pick up the vast majority of the chalk and lint. After rolling you clean it off with dish soap and warm water and when it dries it's ready for another go.

I do not however use them every couple of days, nor my break cloth. I am a lazy bastard.
The brush on the side of the roomba cleans under the rails really well. We just recently got a small hand held vacuum that we sometimes use for the tops of the rails, and light touch up on the bed, but we also wipe the rail tops each time, and that can get the top of the cushions as well.
ReMPJNF.png