What action star would you most like to see in a pool movie?

jnav447

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bruce Willis or Mel Gibson because the movie would be well-made and watchable (as compared to the recent pool movies).

Cardinal2B

Connecticut Panhandler
Silver Member
Pool Movie Stars

Joe Pantoliano
Jamie-Lynn DiScala (nee Sigler)
...however, neither is bankable in Hollywood terms, so if you want actually a well-made movie, I'd have to go with Sean Penn. More likely to actually get made with Bruce Willis though.
And, even more likely to get made with Mel Gibson (cause he'd make it himself and piss everybody off!). Hey, how 'bout Mel Gibson starring in the Kevin Trudeau story, eh? :D

Bobby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know about an action star in a pool movie, but I'd like to see a serious pool film about either a past or present pool player's life and career, some actors I could see:

Jude Law as Ralph Greenleaf
Anthony Hopkins as Willie Hoppe
Amanda Tapping as Allison Fisher
Archie Kao as Fong Pang Chao
Barry Pepper as Earl Strickland
Bridget Fonda as Loree Jon Jones
Peter Stormare as Thomas Engert

Bobby

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
well,,,seeing as how everyone is posting NON ACTION stars..

monica bellucci
rachel mcadams
lena olin
kate beckinsale
nicole kidman
veronica zemanova
jessica alba
liz cho
U of kentucky cheerleaders
queen of england
martina hingis
lorraine bracco as dr. melfi

Last edited:

bruin70

don't wannabe M0DERATOR
Silver Member
Bobby said:
I don't know about an action star in a pool movie, but I'd like to see a serious pool film about either a past or present pool player's life and career, some actors I could see:

Jude Law as Ralph Greenleaf
Anthony Hopkins as Willie Hoppe
Amanda Tapping as Allison Fisher
Archie Kao as Fong Pang Chao
Barry Pepper as Earl Strickland
Bridget Fonda as Loree Jon Jones
Peter Stormare as Thomas Engert

Bobby

geez, b,,,fisher and jones ought to be mighty pleased. i can tell you spent a LOOOOOOONG time on this:)

btw,,,jude law and barry pepper are inspiring. let me put a muzzle on hoppe's countenance..........................YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!!

Donovan

A little security, goes..
Silver Member
Ronnie Allen

Oh wait, I guess that is the wrong kind of action star for a pool movie....or is it?:D

Ctatyk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Freddie Prinze Jr. he'd make a great Jaime Bowman.
As for Jesse Bowman...dunno...shave some tall, thin, cocky actors head & he'd work. So long as neither of them tried to shoot like the brothers...they might be ok.:D

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
I don't know that I would want to see an action star in a pool movie. I would however like to see that 3rd installment to the Hustler, Color of Money...
And more importantly a good pool movie. Pool Hall Junkies was a step in the right direction. As for some of the people mentioned so far I'd say 1. Lou Diamond Phillips, because he does play pool. As does Dorian Harewood.

For supporting cast there are unlimited sources of players, who really play not just some stand in shooting setup shots. I'm a league player and some of the local greats are astounding, come to Maryland and look up Danny Greene, "Jackie Robinson", "Shorty", "Pookie", the list goes on but those 4 alone can hold an audience of pool fanatics attention.

Just my 2 cents. :cool:

Bobby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bruin70 said:
geez, b,,,fisher and jones ought to be mighty pleased. i can tell you spent a LOOOOOOONG time on this:)

btw,,,jude law and barry pepper are inspiring. let me put a muzzle on hoppe's countenance..........................YOU'RE RIGHT!!!!!

Actually Bruin, I came up with those off the top of my head. There's another good one I thought of: there's this actor from the 60's and 70's but I don't know his name, he's a dead ringer for Lou Butera.

renard

Play in these conditions?
Silver Member
So how does the movie go? Something like this?

(Opening scene)

( Backdrop - A dimly lit pool hall with the camera facing the length of the pool table with the pool halls front door in the background. The backside of a figure leans against the footrail of the table dragging on a cigarette waiting for his mark to arrive.)

(Walking thru the door comes a trio walking slowly as their eyes try to adjust to the dim light the younger male of the trio speaks.)

Brad Pitt: There you are! Hey Vincent, I need a little weight after your performance at the Derby City.

Tom Cruise: No can do. I injured my eye...I can even see straight.

Brad: Oh yeah? How’d that happen?

Tom: Swinging a bar cue ...eghh thats not important. What did you bring along your distractions to sit a table side? I should be getting the weight here!

Angelina Jolie: I can’t seem to get this stain out of this top. (Rubbing a stain over the left breast of her tube top. Brad pulls her arm away quickly in annoiance.)

Robert Redford: Hold on here, lets stop beating around the bush what are the stakes and we’ll go from there...

(Vincent points to a man sitting in a chair in the darkness.)

Tom: What do you say Willie?

Morgan Freeman: I would say Jason is up about 20 grand after his time in North Carolina...

Come on AZers feel free to finish this movie...

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought Christopher Walken was phenominal in "Poolhall Junkies". I'm one of the few here that really liked that movie though. I also thought Chaz Palmenteri (sp?) was excellent in that movie. I think if these two were in a big production movie, they'd be awesome. Robert DeNero would be another actor that would be good in a pool movie. Actually, come to think of it, wouldn't it be great if they came up with a star-studded movie about pool? Oh, I know, how about Edward Norton? That guy can really play just about any role. They could even throw in Robin Williams for a little comic relief.

cuejoey

25 mm chain guns matter
Silver Member
fendertwotwenty said:
I was watching Shooting Gallery and it got me to thinking... who would I most like to see star in a pool movie? It's not Freddie Prinze Jr. I think it should be an action star such as Van Damme, cause he kicks ass. A close second would have to be Stallone. Who would you guys most like to see?
i would say save the money.. instead of Claude VanDam they could hire Donovan,now that's a guy that looks like a Kenpo Karate Master...he can throw that hat of his like a ninja throws stars...

Cardinal2B

Connecticut Panhandler
Silver Member
cuejoey said:
i would say save the money.. instead of Claude VanDam they could hire Donovan,now that's a guy that looks like a Kenpo Karate Master...he can throw that hat of his like a ninja throws stars...

...and plus he could sing those gritty British folk songs of the sixties. :rolleyes: