• Cash Games
  • 10-ft Table and larger
  • 9-ft Table
  • 8-ft Table
  • 7-ft Table and smaller
  • Teams
  • Doubles/Partners
  • Singles
Feel free to include any/all details below.

Reactions: Fay

Geosnookery

Snooker
Chinese 8 ball
8 ball

Also some games not listed. I like one pocket but limited experience and no friends to play it.

Preferred play is in unaffiliated leagues that we organize ourselves. Actually the women tend to do most of the organizing. No money, prizes, etc involved. Older demographics mostly over age 45 of all levels and half female. If pool, then good quality 9 foot tables at the nearby hall or Legion. Snooker is is all male and more serious play but, again, just for fun.

Quality is good. Nobody argues, drinks too much, or, at the end of the evening, nobody cares who wins. Most of us hike, dance, go fishing, etc. together.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I like snooker on a ten foot table best. Most any kind of pool on a ten foot pool table is second choice. As should be apparent, I like five by ten tables. A twelve footer involves a bit too much use of the crutch, a bit less challenge to smaller tables.

I like eight ball or one pocket better than rotation games.

Hu

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
One Pocket
Banks
Golf
scotch doubles -- with 4 friends, the most lol fun you can have in a pool hall
Haven't played Kelly in 45 years but it was lol fun also

9 footers
10 footers -- would if I could

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
One Pocket
Banks
Golf
scotch doubles -- with 4 friends, the most lol fun you can have in a pool hall
Haven't played Kelly in 45 years but it was lol fun also

9 footers
10 footers -- would if I could

Yeah, ten footers more of a daydream now. When I build my mansion on a hill I'll include a room to hold two ten footers, pool and snooker!

Hu

Geosnookery

I like snooker on a ten foot table best. Most any kind of pool on a ten foot pool table is second choice. As should be apparent, I like five by ten tables. A twelve footer involves a bit too much use of the crutch, a bit less challenge to smaller tables.

I like eight ball or one pocket better than rotation games.

Hu

Made me chuckle. The top male and female snooker players ever, OSullivan and
Evans, were interviewed after playing doubles. Both shoot left and right. Reanne said she always has because she was too lazy to use the bridge. I’m the same. I started off playing snooker and shoot both ways for the same reason. We play pool on 9 foot tables and I may use a bridge once an evening if that.

People rightly talk about lining up behind a shot, etc, however, my shooting Success isn’t much different If twisted into a pretzel balanced on one foot.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
8-ball Eddie, glad to have you as a relatively new member on the forum. Good to see you starting some threads. You've hit the ground running, and seem to be a valuable addition to the forum.

You do need to address an issue, however. Your thread titles, like "What are your favorites?" and "When Did it All Begin?" offer no information about the content of your threads. I'd suggest that you make a greater effort to indicate what the subject of the thread is in your title.

For example, this thread would have been better if titled "What are your favorite cuesports?" Your "When did it all begin?" thread title is a candidate for the least informative thread title in the history of this forum. Perhaps a better title would have been "How did you get started in pool?" If a thread title offers no information about the subject matter, it wastes people's time, as they must open the thread to decide whether the subject interests them. Some people won't open it at all if the thread title is meaningless.

Just some constructive criticism here which I hope you'll take in the friendly spirit in which it is offered.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
The above could apply to many folks. Now we need tutorials for all the "your/you're, there/their, its/it's . . ." folks.

PoodlePuncher

Registered
If a thread title offers no information about the subject matter, it wastes people's time, as they must open the thread to decide whether the subject interests them. Some people won't open it at all if the thread title is meaningless.
Actually, if you hover your mouse over the title, it shows a preview of the first post.
no need to open the thread.

i assume this is a new feature from the site upgrade, and to your point, many people may not know, or care to do so.
(y)

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love straight pool, even getting others to learn to play it. I play on one team, advanced 8 ball. The best of the best type competition. All though I play 8 ball in league, rotation would be after straight pool. Someone mentioned Kelly pool, I play that on poker nights with the guys, and I spot them my number after 1/2 are eliminated, it is a good time. They are all at my throat. I play in tournaments and league, but have the most fun with the guys just shooting around. I have no illusion of the player I am, 550 fargo, and just love the game. Have a 9 footer in the basement, but equally enjoy shooting on a barbox occasionally.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
1 cushion
Straight rail
1pkt
Barbox 8ball

Whatever size and brand of table will do.
I play in apa vnea and bca leagues, play bar tournaments, play for cheap cash as well

Flowerbomb

I'm not a "pro" or very experienced like most members on here. All I've ever played was 8ball and just recently started getting into 9ball. I've played on bar tables and 8 foot tables and a few times on 9 foot tables.

Mick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a 14.1 evangelist. Would preach it wherever I played (back when I left the house, in the beforetimes) but I love me some 8-ball too.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Actually, if you hover your mouse over the title, it shows a preview of the first post.
no need to open the thread.

i assume this is a new feature from the site upgrade, and to your point, many people may not know, or care to do so.
(y)
Same point. One should not have to read any of the first post to learn of a thread's subject matter. That's what the thread title is supposed to accomplish. Poor thread titles compromise the quality of this forum.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
what a thing to complain about,
takes just a second the click out or back from a thread, and another second or two to read the first few lines and decide how interested you are in it

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
My two favs are polar opposites:
-Snooker
-8 ball barbox

The rest doesn't matter really. Not really interested in playing doubles at any point though.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play all of the games including 3C.
Snooker however is alien to me.
I am happy to let my opponent pick the game.
Like em all.

Last edited: