What different types of cues do the pros use?

Digger0038

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have always been curious when I watch pros on TV or even sometimes in person what types of cues they are using. Is there somewhere where this info is listed?
 
NO there isn't

What? You think someone goes around and asks every pro about their cue, cue tip, etc.. A few have told people what they shoot with, but the majority haven't or don't. They all shoot with a variety of cues, and most that shoot with a production cue usually put a different shaft on it.

There is no magic bullet, only what is right for you!!!
 
I was not asking because I want to shoot with what they use. I was just asking out of curisity. Im alway's curious what they shoot with and why? What tip they use and why? What weight and why? Just curious that's all.
 
Living in the real world most Pro Athletes could do what they do very well with any equipment from Play It Again Sports, or some Garage Sales finds.

Oakley Sunglass Company gives many pro athletes Sun Glasses to wear for free, so the fans will buy what their hero wears. Oakley Sunglass Company is smart.

Pool Players get free Cues, Cue Cases, Chalk, and some even get ENDORSEMENT MONEY to sweeten the deal to use a certain Cue, other gizmo.

Allison Fisher plays with a CueTech, wonder if it is because CueTech is the best Cue, or CueTech pays Allison well? Wonder what it would cost to get Allison Fisher to play with a McDermoth Cue for a couple of years?

Jack Justis supplies many of the Pool Pros with a Cue Cases for a Year than trades em out for a new one. A Cue Case Owned by Efren Reyes
is worth what to some collector, or on e-bay, or some other place where Jack could recoups his costs in a Cue Case. Again a smart businessman.

Ever wonder why Pro & Collage Athletic Teams are out fitted in the Same Shoes or wear a certain Brand of Uniform. They Answer is Money paid to the Team Owner, or Coach of some Collage Team.

Wonder what is would cost Wal-Mart to get UCLA Men's Basketball Team to wear Wal-Mart Basketball Shoes?
 
They usually use a cue that is made of wood and has a peice of material, usually leather, attached to one end.

A far better question is how do they stroke the cue ball...
 
Living in the real world most Pro Athletes could do what they do very well with any equipment from Play It Again Sports, or some Garage Sales finds.

Yeah right....

Allison Fisher plays with a CueTech, wonder if it is because CueTech is the best Cue, or CueTech pays Allison well? Wonder what it would cost to get Allison Fisher to play with a McDermoth Cue for a couple of years?


Neither....she don't play w/one, or get paid by them. She's been done with Cuetec for almost a year now. And it's Cuetec...MeDermott

Jack Justis supplies many of the Pool Pros with a Cue Cases for a Year than trades em out for a new one. A Cue Case Owned by Efren Reyes
is worth what to some collector, or on e-bay, or some other place where Jack could recoups his costs in a Cue Case. Again a smart businessman.


Unlike the ad you run as a sig.



Ever wonder why Pro & Collage Athletic Teams are out fitted in the Same Shoes or wear a certain Brand of Uniform. They Answer is Money paid to the Team Owner, or Coach of some Collage Team.

WOW.....no kidding?
 
:smile:

Buddy Hall just bought a Mike Erwin cue. Can't find a better cue for the money. IMO....

I don't know if he'll use it or just try it out.




I use a Meucci model 97-22 with a custom leather wrap, with a Tiger-X Ultra shaft with a tip of my own design which I will not discuss in public. LOL
 
Last edited:
Thank you for some of your responses and excellent point's CocoboloCowboy

I think it would be kind of cool to see the UCLA's Mens Basketball Team wear Wal-Mart Shoes.

Michael Jordan makes nice Money from Nike from the sale of Air Jordan's. Some of the Early One see for big money to Shoe Collectors. Tiger Wood make nice endorsement money also from Nike also for wear their clothing, Rolex, and appearing in Print Ads.

Oakley sell a Special Line of it Products, aka Standard Issue to Cops, Fireman, Military Reserve, Active, and Retired at 50% off List. So if you local Trooper is wearing Oakley Sunglasses chances are he got them for a Special Price.

So if you local Pool Pro is endorsing something ask for fun, do you really like it, did you pay for it, was it a freebee, or are you on the companies payroll.

This is no different than Hollywood Old Timer using their fame to pimp Medical Equipment, or Diabetes Supplies.

Wish I was a famous athlete, or celebrity, than I too could be rich off endorsement, or commercial money.
 
Last edited:
Francisco Bustamonte recently ordered another Judd Fuller cue, it's in the works now. Judd didn't ask him to play with it, Francisco wanted it.
 
Francisco Bustamonte recently ordered another Judd Fuller cue, it's in the works now. Judd didn't ask him to play with it, Francisco wanted it.

Efren has been playing with Judd cues. But this is the exception, not the rule. Most pool players stay desperate for money so they sell the cues they're given. They could care less about the brand as long as it has value.

So, when someone tells you they have Keith McCready's old Meucci they actually have a free cue that Keither sold.
 
Last edited:
Judd doesn't give away any cues for free...if somebody sells it they agree they owe full retail to Judd.
 
I was not asking because I want to shoot with what they use. I was just asking out of curisity. Im alway's curious what they shoot with and why? What tip they use and why? What weight and why? Just curious that's all.

You can also go to many of the pro player's websites and often read about their equipment...........Some even have blogs.
 
Oakley sell a Special Line of it Products, aka Standard Issue to Cops, Fireman, Military Reserve, Active, and Retired at 50% off List. So if you local Trooper is wearing Oakley Sunglasses chances are he got them for a Special Price.

Yep. As active duty military, I was able to order special Oakleys at the reduced price...in fact, the specifications aren't available to the general public. Mine will take a shot gun blast without the lens breaking--although I'm sure I'd have bigger problems than my lenses or eyes! Oakelys rock...I took two pair to Afghanistan, they were definitely mission essential.
 
Back
Top