What Do You Look For in a Pool Instructor

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I just read — from the beginning — the 16 page thread sparkle84 referenced in another thread from a few years ago:
You have more willpower than I do.

Anyone even remotely considering paying you so much as a penny for a single solitary lesson should read through it.
Wait... are you seriously trying to say that spinning the CB like a basketball on your fingertip isn't an improvement?

pj
chgo

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
I just read — from the beginning — the 16 page thread sparkle84 referenced in another thread from a few years ago:

Anyone even remotely considering paying you so much as a penny for a single solitary lesson should read through it.

Lou Figueroa
And yet I'm offering you a FREE lesson, so that instead of making insinuations about my teaching, you can come RIGHT HERE and post "Matt's great" or "Matt is average" or "Matt sucks". Why are you refusing a FREE lesson after ASKING ME FOR ONE in this thread?

Play fair.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And yet I'm offering you a FREE lesson, so that instead of making insinuations about my teaching, you can come RIGHT HERE and post "Matt's great" or "Matt is average" or "Matt sucks". Why are you refusing a FREE lesson after ASKING ME FOR ONE in this thread?

Play fair.

Go pound sand.

Lou Figueroa
if anyone *ever* deserved
being told that it’s you

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Play fair.
Don't work so hard for Lou's approval. You don't need it.

Reactions: bbb

WobblyStroke

Don't work so hard for Lou's approval. You don't need it.
This. Just like there are different strokes for different folks, there are different folks for different folks. If two personalities or styles don't mesh, the mindset and level of communication will be all wrong and it just won't work no matter how good the info might be.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Go pound sand.

Lou Figueroa
if anyone *ever* deserved
being told that it’s you
Wow.

Lou's way: Wanna know if Matt can really teach? Read Matt patiently arguing, as best as he can in a Christian manner, some 14-page thread full of trolls. If that doesn't confuse you, nothing could.

Matt's way: Lou, rather than reading what I write, wanna free lesson? After all, you've only been rude to me ten times this week.

Lou: @#$#%#$%$# you.

Matt: The Lord Jesus Christ loves you. I appeal to you to change your mind and become a new person, a kind person.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
LOL ditto. I made it through 3 pages and started questioning my life decisions and how I got here. Couldn't possibly subject myself to 13 more. But who knows, maybe it will pull me back in later like that terrible TV show that you just can't stop watching even tho you know it's bad.
Please don't judge me, but I wouldn't argue at AZ if I didn't mostly enjoy it. And like you wrote, you're a Reality TV Pool Fan.

Friends send me PMs at AZ to say, "Why do you argue with those trolls?" Considering that some of the trolls are strong players, even pool teachers and pool authors, I must be in good company. Ha!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow.

Lou's way: Wanna know if Matt can really teach? Read Matt patiently arguing, as best as he can in a Christian manner, some 14-page thread full of trolls. If that doesn't confuse you, nothing could.

Matt's way: Lou, rather than reading what I write, wanna free lesson? After all, you've only been rude to me ten times this week.

Lou: @#$#%#$%$# you.

Matt: The Lord Jesus Christ loves you. I appeal to you to change your mind and become a new person, a kind person.

Go

Pound

Sand.

Lou Figueroa

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
LOL ditto. I made it through 3 pages and started questioning my life decisions and how I got here. Couldn't possibly subject myself to 13 more. But who knows, maybe it will pull me back in later like that terrible TV show that you just can't stop watching even tho you know it's bad.
Please don't judge me, but I wouldn't argue at AZ if I didn't mostly enjoy it. And like you wrote, you're a Reality TV Pool Fan.

Friends send me PMs at AZ to say, "Why do you argue with those trolls?" Considering that some of the trolls are strong players, even pool teachers and pool authors, I must be in good company. Ha!
Go

Pound

Sand.

Lou Figueroa
You
are
needing
to
become
better
God
can
help
you.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You
are
needing
to
become
better
God
can
help
you.

Ire libra harenae.

Lou Figueroa

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I got to three posts (maybe two).