what do you tell a buyer

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Custome cue built with 2 matching maple shafts , Then a Keilwood shaft made with matching ringwork , and 2 maple shafts were asked to delete from same , then buyer desides if he cant get Keilwood shaft for same price as 1 maple he desides he wants Butt only .
Some people confuse me .
Returning deposite and selling cue to someone else , not out of the question . ???

Looking for advice .

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
If there is no ringwork installed on the 2 regular maple shafts and they are not turned down too far then to cancel them in exchange for a Kielwood shaft would be no problem for me, if there was custom ringwork installed then either a fair charge to change the ringwork or it's no longer an option to cancel them.

To suggest 1 Kielwood shaft for the price of 2 regular maple shafts seems close to fair to me, the blanks cost maybe $50 more then a normal shaft blank so unless you charge very little for your maple shafts that should work out OK I think. Obviously you make your own prices so if you feel that doesn't work for you that is your prerogative off course.

Butt only when ordering from us is not an option, we can ship just a butt if you absolutely insist on it but you're paying for at least 1 shaft regardless.

tsp&b

Silver Member
It sounds like you have a gut feeling that doing business with this individual will be nothing but problems. If your gut tells you to separate yourself and return the deposit, I would just say believe your gut feelings. They are usually right. JMHO

slim123

Custome cue built with 2 matching maple shafts , Then a Keilwood shaft made with matching ringwork , and 2 maple shafts were asked to delete from same , then buyer desides if he cant get Keilwood shaft for same price as 1 maple he desides he wants Butt only .
Some people confuse me .
Returning deposite and selling cue to someone else , not out of the question . ???

Looking for advice .
I'd cut ties with this guy or he will have you working on this same cue long after you give it to him. You do good work, show that cue here, i'm sure it will sell and somone will be content. This guy will never be satisfied, he is a tire kicker

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Depends on the person. That's a couple of strikes, but it could still go either way. They could end up being a great customer, or a huge pain in the ass. It's your job to figure out which way they might lean, and doing your best to extricate yourself without a hassle.
Do you want them bad mouthing you if it goes sour?

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just explain the price difference between the two types of shafts and what you are comfortable making the switch for. Then explain the charge for the custom ring work if already done on the other two shafts if he wants no shaft. If he is unwilling to go forward then, just refund him and move on.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I’m not a cuemaker… Quit now. As said earlier they’ll find something else. You’re a sincere reputable craftsman. You do not need the agg. Yes sell to a buyer that wants it. And appreciates it.