What do YOU think is the best low deflection shaft?

what do you think the best low deflection shaft is?

  • 314-2

    Votes: 29 32.2%
  • 314

    Votes: 19 21.1%
  • OB-1

    Votes: 34 37.8%
  • tiger-x

    Votes: 8 8.9%

  • Total voters
    90
I myself like the mcdermott I2 shaft. I have played with it for a while and like it a lot. The feel and controll are nice and you can still get the huge amounts of spin like most low deflection shaft when ya need it . :) :)
 
The Predator 314 shaft is the best ever made. It brought my game up to another level because I know I am playing with the best. Very few of my friends, if any, play without one.
 
I never liked the original 314, or the Z, If I had my choice Id go with a 314-2, or possibly a OB-1 but I have yet to try the OB-1 so I cant really say If I like it or not. I do know the 314-2 is just a lil thicker than the original 314 and the OB-1 is 12.5mm. The Mezz WD700 is 12.5mm and Id compare it to the 314-2, as I feel it plays much better than an original 314.


SPINDOKTOR
 
SPINDOKTOR said:
I never liked the original 314, or the Z, If I had my choice Id go with a 314-2, or possibly a OB-1 but I have yet to try the OB-1 so I cant really say If I like it or not. I do know the 314-2 is just a lil thicker than the original 314 and the OB-1 is 12.5mm. The Mezz WD700 is 12.5mm and Id compare it to the 314-2, as I feel it plays much better than an original 314.


SPINDOKTOR

OB 1 shaft is 12.7 to 12.8 not 12.5. I sell them and use them. You can change the soft hit to a firm hit with a moori hard to talisman hard. thanks Earl
 
etimmons said:
OB 1 shaft is 12.7 to 12.8 not 12.5. I sell them and use them. You can change the soft hit to a firm hit with a moori hard to talisman hard. thanks Earl


Ok, cool, thats for the clarification, I looked on the OB-1 site just to make sure, and YES 12.75mm at the tip...

I havent yet played with a OB-1 so I cant comment on the hit, Royce hasnt returned my e-mail, so I dont know when I could order a shaft, whats your price on a OB-1 with 5/16-14 Joss threads with a black collar? Standard Talisman Med. Tip...


THANKS!


SPINDOKTOR
 
steveL75121 said:
Meucci Black Dot Shaft by a MILE!!!!! try the test yourself

http://www.meuccicues.com/BlackDot.htm:D :D :D

agreed, but not because of these Meucci made videos. Can't compare to an OB-1 though and tiger x.. Just Black Dots on a few buts compared to predator's attempts (314, and Z) Meucci has a noticable lower deflection. BTW, i actually like deflection. sue me. hehe.

If Meucci had the advertising engine that predator has, i think the fad would shift dramatically.
 
schon.. i like it but on long straight shots with english the cueball turns off path which is why im looking around
 
metallicarokerx said:
schon.. i like it but on long straight shots with english the cueball turns off path which is why im looking around

The problem is not the shaft it is however, you stroke. A shaft is only a piece of wood, your stoke and follow through, are directly responsible along with aiming for the path the cue ball will follow.

While a shaft will reduce deflection, a shaft will not make long shots for you, unless you already have good fundamentals, and with good fundamentals long shots with or without English should not be a problem.

So, I would save my money or use it for lesson's from a competent instructor, at least then you will get something that will truly help your game.
 
I'm not in a position to provide a legitimate vote.

I'm not in a position to provide a legitimate vote. I used to shoot with a Meucci (with
original shaft) for a long time. Then work got too busy and pool got bumped out of my
schedule. Then work got bumped out of my schedule, and pool came back. I went on
the hunt again for an old Meucci, and only found a butt I liked. Then I researched shafts,
so I wouldn't "get the shaft" when I bought one. I was impressed by the research Meucci did,
and bought a black-dot. The tip is so hard, it took me a while to get used to it. Then, I came
across an original shaft (pre-dot) and bought that, and started using that, as it had a somewhat
softer tip, and a matching ring, and felt so close to what I had used in the past. For the last
year or so though, I have been trying to get used to an old low-end McDermott, which is much
less ornamental, attracts less attention, and would not make me cry if it was stolen or damaged.

I think someone would really have to spend a long time with each type of these shafts mentioned,
in order to be able to provide information to contrast them.
 
Last edited:
All I can say is that Mezz' WD700 beats the old 314 by ages.
More constant, more forgiving on slow shots, better wood and build quality

Also it comes with a Moori tip whereas the old 314 had a cheap LePro
 
Back
Top