What do YOU think is the best low deflection shaft?

what do you think the best low deflection shaft is?

  • 314-2

    Votes: 29 32.2%
  • 314

    Votes: 19 21.1%
  • OB-1

    Votes: 34 37.8%
  • tiger-x

    Votes: 8 8.9%

  • Total voters
    90
That is two of us!!!!

bigpocket said:
I myself like the mcdermott I2 shaft. I have played with it for a while and like it a lot. The feel and controll are nice and you can still get the huge amounts of spin like most low deflection shaft when ya need it . :) :)

I have one and am ordering another one ! it has changed my game ! :)

In order for anyone to responsibly and accurately answer this poll with a reasonably meaningful response they would have to of played extensively with all of these shafts !
I sincerely doubt this is the case with any of the respondents and is certainly not the case for me, I have shot a few balls with the Meucci and played awhile with a predator. I can say neither did it for me!

I won my I-2 and the first time playing with it I was sold and continue to enjoy and appreciate its hit and the ease of english application with increased accuracy and control more and more as I use it!:)
 
Last edited:
i have a Z shaft and an ob-1. I havent really compared the 2 as far as just deflection goes, but i get tons more spin on the cueball with the ob-1.
 
Meucci Black dot.

I like deflection so I use a Schon. Nice stiff hit is always the way to go.
 
I've owned and played with the 314, I-2, 314^2, and OB-1 all with Moori Med tips. I've only tried the Z and Tiger shafts on some friends cues.

The Tiger shaft is a nice after market shaft. However, I don't think it ever claims to be a "low deflection" shaft.

The I-2 had more deflection than a 314 and less than most regular shafts. I didn't like it becuase I was used to playing with the 314 at the time so I sold it.

I didn't like the small tip of the Z but never really got to give it much of a chance since it was on a friends cue.

The OB-1 and 314^2 both play the same to me as far as deflection goes but the OB-1 definitely has a different hit. I'm not sure how to best describe the difference but its a significant difference. I'm still not really sure which I like better which to means for me it probably doesn't matter. I believe both are an improvement of the 314 in deflection and feel.

I've also played with a 314 and 314^2 modified by Mr. Varney. I didn't notice any difference in deflection from the original after the modication and the hit is also noticeably changed. The sniper tip started out a little softer than I was used to so I wasn't really sure I liked it. After playing with it for a while the tip firmed up and I'm pretty happy with the way it plays. I'd like to see how it plays with the Moori Med but I'm going to wait until I've worn this one out to replace it.

I'm guessing you started this poll because you are looking to buy a low deflection shaft. If thats the case, then I don't think you could go wrong with either the OB-1 or the 314^2.
 
ShaneT58 said:
I've owned and played with the 314, I-2, 314^2, and OB-1 all with Moori Med tips.

I'd like to see how it plays with the Moori Med but I'm going to wait until I've worn this one out to replace it.
Coincidentally, I just ordered a Predator 314-2 sfaft today with a Moori soft tip. I went with the Moori soft tip as a pro told me that even the Moori mediums are too hard. Can't wait to get it on Tuesday! :)
 
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
 
Bugz said:
Meucci Black dot.

I like deflection so I use a Schon. Nice stiff hit is always the way to go.


Turn that Meucci with the dot on the side and see how much different the hit is! LOL
 
etimmons said:
OB 1 shaft is 12.7 to 12.8 not 12.5. I sell them and use them. You can change the soft hit to a firm hit with a moori hard to talisman hard. thanks Earl

They started out 12.75, and then he made them down to 12.5 for people that wanted them.

Now he is going all the way down to 12.2 for people like me that like the smaller shafts. And I put sniper on them because I don't like moori.
 
Ob-1

Well you asked why, and I voted for the OB-1.

The reason is the design. Speaking from a design stand point you should be able to pick up that shaft and have it in your hands no matter how you rotate it, and get the same hit. There is no spine to the design. You can't say that about any other shaft on the market. It is true that Predator started this craze, and predator is the next closest as far as design. That being said I like the OB-1s the best for that reason. If you want a stiffer hit from an OB-1 then change the ferrel and tip out. There will be a little more deflection, but having no spine in the wood is still there. The McDermott I shafts hit almost identical to the regular McDermott shafts. When I was in pool school we tested my 12mm shaft against the McDermott I-3, and there is so slight a difference that it doesn't make the I-3 worth it in my opinion. That is just my thought on it, but you can buy whatever you want. I think I like the OB-1 the best cause I like the way it hits and that it has no spine. Then after that I like any of the Predators, then the Universal shaft, then the T-3 or Muecci Black Dots, then the tiger X-shaft, then the I shafts from McDermott. Those are my thoughts on it! :cool:
 
cardsfan said:
What about the Universal Smart Shaft LS?


That's my choice.

Second would be some of the Mezz stable..

I haven't tried Tiger or OB-1, nor the rest(, instead of Predator of course). USS beats Predator by mile, because of it's hit n feel, even there is some more squirt.
 
Back
Top