What has happened to Billiards Gloves?

MajorMiscue

Demoncrat
Gold Member
I don't use powder at all, Never really needed it. I smooth out my shafts to a glass finish. I've been doing it this way for 25 years.
I had a boss who claimed anything that had been done the same way for 10 years was outdated and obsolete. It took me another 10 years to realize he was right.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
The one(and only) pns glove i tried wasn't worth 25cents for a pair. Total junk. Are they all that bad or did i get a knockoff of a knockoff?? ;)
The pns I had and used for a good while we're legit,and anyone I recommended them to said about the same
Musta got a knockoff of the knockoff

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought I saw something similar to this fall out of Earls Wal Mart bag before,
can't recall seeing him wear it though ~
1659055168780.png

ldl01031

FWIW, Molinari got back to me and said:
We are indeed still making gloves. Currently, we are busy with optimizing our gloves.
Normally the new gloves will be available in the fall.

I asked a follow up question about supply and why I haven't been able to buy a black Molinari glove since December 2020. If they reply, I'll add that here.

To some of the responders here -- I know cheap gloves are available. I'm talking about high--end gloves only. Like...Molinari :)

ldl01031

How many do you need?

If you know where to look most of them are readily available. I can get you Molinari gloves by the hundreds, Kamui aswell, same for Predator, Taom, Cuetec.

Note, not all size/color combinations will be available for all brands but certainly enough option that if you're just a little flexible you can get them in bulk.
Well, you've got my interest. I obviously don't know where to look. Amazon, PoolDawg, eBay, retailers across the world that Molinari recommended, and on and on...

I can't say I would buy them by the hundreds, but perhaps 20 or so would be fine. Is this only through you, or do you have links to share?

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Why a glove? Almost most of the pros are using CF shafts. You just don't need them with CF shafts. Once a month, maybe a glass alcohol wipe and that is it.

ldl01031

Why a glove? Almost most of the pros are using CF shafts. You just don't need them with CF shafts. Once a month, maybe a glass alcohol wipe and that is it.
I have a CF shaft. And it gets just as sticky as a wood shaft. "Back in the day" talc was the only real answer (along with washing your hands before and probably during a match). The smoothness of a glove just can't be beat.