What is the Best Cue Ball? We have the Red Measles, but let's hear your opinions.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have noticed that with high English, I get more action and curve with the cue ball from the set Centennials. than the red measles. Now I've got a new set of Dynasphere Bronze and will be interested to notice the difference. However, there is a difference from cue balls on spin action. I'm curious why are the cue balls NOT the same?

Last edited:

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have noticed that with high English, I get more action and curve with the cue ball from the set Centennials. than the red measles. Now I've got a new set of Dynasphere Bronze and will be interested to notice the difference. However, there is a difference from cue balls on spin action. I'm curious why are the cue balls NOT the same?
You might be more sensitive to the differences you detect.

Reactions: bbb

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

This probably means the cueball is heavier than the object balls. A heavier cueball will follow more and take a non-standard curve off the tangent line, a lighter cueball will draw easier.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i've never noticed this. you're overthinking it imo. smaller/worn-out cb's may exhibit different behavior but new one's all play the same to me.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you look at rex31's info you'll see that modern cb's don't vary much( 1gram) AT ALL in terms of weight. they're all gonna play the same. i just don't see differences in spin/action/curve. if there is any its so tiny to matter in actual play. https://forums.azbilliards.com/threads/pool-ball-weights.536976/page-2 post #27 All this being said, i like the looks of the Aramith BLACK measel cueball. Combine with a set of Dynasphere Bronze's and you have a killer set for about 150bux.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Be like asking a golfer which ball he/she hits/Maxfli/Titelist etc.

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last year I purchased a new Blue circle cue ball for my centennial set (same as what came with it. I then about 2 weeks later bought the Black circle
Tournament Aramith cue ball. Both balls play the same and both are made by Aramith, the difference I noticed was how much cleaner the Black
Tournament stayed after hours of play . The Blue circle would almost have stains from chalk that would take lots of scrubbing to remove. I then switched over to a different chalk and no longer use the Masters blue and most of what is above is mute , except the Black Aramith is the only one I use now and would advise that one to purchase. If your useing a aramith ball set the black is the same weight as the object balls. The blue circle is also the same weight. The red circle is lighter and will draw easier which is a good thing in 9 ball , but when playing 14-1 I like the cueball to be the same weight as the object ball. Since you are using a different set of balls (dynasphere ) I would research what weight those are and then purchase one of the 3 mentioned above that is closest to weight to the ball set. In reality your purchasing a ball that is made from a different company than the set your using . Which ever you purchase , you will learn to use what ya have, and where ever you go to play you will always have to adjust to what they have for you to work with.