What is this cue worth?

nahog99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys! So I’ve had this cue for about a year now, one of my friends who is a collector gave it to me as a gift. I didn’t ask him for the original shaft because I had always planned on using my cynergy anyway so all I’ve got is the butt. It’s. Jacoby from 1995 that in my opinion is still in great shape. Pictures here:

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never great resale value on Jacobys, so depends on what someone thinks it's worth, but butt only, I'd say $300 give or take.

dirtvictim

Ignore the entitled they haven't earned respect
Well it's in pretty good shape, nice pics, I like how you can flip through them. Is that a 5 point?

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Clik the pic for more images. Cue looks to be in pretty decent shape. Agree that 300 sounds fair.
I see how it works now, excuse me while I learn how to work the interweb. Jacoby is local to me so I see a lot of them, their points are very narrow relatively speaking, I never cared for that look but that is a nice looking cue.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see how it works now, excuse me while I learn how to work the interweb. Jacoby is local to me so I see a lot of them, their points are very narrow relatively speaking, I never cared for that look but that is a nice looking cue.
This interwebs thingy sure is something else, very confusing. Is there a book I can read to help me use it?

Thanks in advance
Fatboy

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
This interwebs thingy sure is something else, very confusing. Is there a book I can read to help me use it?

Thanks in advance
Fatboy
I tried using the interweb to try to learn how to use the interweb, it became very confusing and then I was locked out because apparently someone stole my password. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Pin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I mean you did say you were thinking about writing a book and trying to improve at it... :oops:

penguin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you are approaching this the wrong way.

There is no need for any learning, personal growth, or self-improvement if you already have $$$.

The best thing to do is hire an expert, pay them as little as possible, and keep telling them "JUST MAKE IT WORK!!!"

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you are approaching this the wrong way.

There is no need for any learning, personal growth, or self-improvement if you already have $$$.

The best thing to do is hire an expert, pay them as little as possible, and keep telling them "JUST MAKE IT WORK!!!"
On a serious note you are absolutely right!

“Smart people hire smarter people”

I heard that many years ago, it holds true. And it’s how I approach biz. I surround myself with specialized people who are better than me at their craft/trade or skill set. I’m never the “smart” guy.

What I do is organize the smart people-give them a roadmap and a deadline (when applicable) and let them loose. I follow up on everyone doing everything. I do nothing but make sure everyone is on track & make adjustments as needed. That’s a full time job in some cases. Doing nothing but overseeing people is a full time job-sounds funny but it is.

Hiring experts has a better ROI than hiring half assed laymen to do a half assed job at a discount.

That took me years to figure out then longer to perfect. Handling smart people is a skill as they have to trust me to make sure they have security a sense of direction and a solid future. I know how to provide that and I deliver. Then it feeds on itself.

I do hire some minimum wage people and there is more turnover in staff but that’s the nature of biz. Occasionally one breaks through and makes something of their life. That’s a great feeling for me and of course them as well.

Took me years to learn this, still learning. Not in the books either. Just practice and judgment.

Best
Fatboy <——-didn’t graduate college 😐

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a difference between the interwebs and internet? 😉

Best
Fatboy 😀
What is the difference between the internet and the Interweb?

is that internet is any set of computer networks that communicate using the internet protocol (an intranet) while interweb is (internet|slang|humorous) the internet, typically used in a jocular or sarcastic manner by more experienced internet users, especially as a mockery of the less experienced when used with 'teh'.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a difference between the interwebs and internet? 😉

Best
Fatboy 😀
Somebody asked me if i'd ever done a 'webinar'. Shit, i didn't know if it was some sort of voodoo ritual or what. Still not real sure. My computer skills are: 1.check my emails 2. Go on a few hobby related sites( airguns,cigars,golf,pool,whiskey). 3.Pay some bills. That's it.