What is this game called?

Forbin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw some guys playing this game on a pool table, but it was obviously meant to be played without pockets. The players were using the cue ball, three ball, eleven ball, and one ball. The objective was to make the cue ball hit a red ball (three or eleven) and the yellow ball on one shot, then make it hit both red balls on the next shot, then make it hit all three on the third shot. Make all three shots in one inning to score a point. I may have the first two shots backwards – I can’t remember whether it was red-yellow and then red-red or vice versa. Can somebody tell me what this game is called?

Thanks!

nkvilliecues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw some guys playing this game on a pool table, but it was obviously meant to be played without pockets. The players were using the cue ball, three ball, eleven ball, and one ball. The objective was to make the cue ball hit a red ball (three or eleven) and the yellow ball on one shot, then make it hit both red balls on the next shot, then make it hit all three on the third shot. Make all three shots in one inning to score a point. I may have the first two shots backwards – I can’t remember whether it was red-yellow and then red-red or vice versa. Can somebody tell me what this game is called?

Thanks!

Actually I think the game is called IDIOT'S DELIGHT........

There is an old game, not played much any more, called COWBOY POOL using three balls and a cue ball on a pool table that is much simpler and quite fun if you know the rules.

And yes your avatar is a little weird but I am all for weirdness so I approve, not that that means a rat's ass.

cheerzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Forbin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The game is 2-3-5, probably. I wrote an article on it here: https://issuu.com/thebreak/docs/ebreak12-14

That's the game - they were just scoring it differently. Thanks!!

Actually I think the game is called IDIOT'S DELIGHT........

There is an old game, not played much any more, called COWBOY POOL using three balls and a cue ball on a pool table that is much simpler and quite fun if you know the rules.

I couldn't find anything about a billiards game called Idiot's Delight, although there is a card game (solitaire). I'll check out Cowboy Pool!

Last edited:

Danimal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2-3-5 is a carom game that originated in Taiwan. They gamble on it in a manner akin to the way we do 1 pocket here.