What is up with Ronnie Alcano's arm?

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AlcanoIbrahim.jpg


Does he have a new stroke, or know something we don't?

Inquiring minds want to know!@#
 
Gregg said:
AlcanoIbrahim.jpg


Does he have a new stroke, or know something we don't?

Inquiring minds want to know!@#


I think his right arm has been replaced by a robotic arm, kind of like the Fresh Prince in "I, Robot". It allows him to repeat the exact same motion thereby making every ball he shoots at. It's the only logical explanation, obviously.
 
Left thumb

I think he has his left thumb hooked inside his pants pocket. The stance does look a bit strange and awkward.
 
Ronnie is a funny guy to watch. He's really awkward. I watched him having his picture taken with with Cha YuRam and BoRam and it was really funny. YuRam is quite elegant but Ronnie's...not quite.;-)
 
I'm thinking it was an awkward pose, but it might just be bad timing on the camera guys part. I bet He is maybe shy and not used to all that kind of attention ?

Gerry
 
Judging by his pics I've seen I would have to say he doesn't have an agent because I don't think anyone is encouraging him to improve his marketability.
 
4-5 years ago when Alcano just had made his way to the US and nobody really knew him, he came through Athens during a pretty big Viking tour tournament. When he came to the pool room the tourney was almost over and it was Sunday evening. He was traveling with a couple of guys I had met in Greenville that were from up north, one of which I played Gin with for money. To make a long story short, he could have stalled for a little while and busted the room, but these guys moved like glaciers. Instead of matching up with a shortstop at first, he jumped on Mike Gulyassy playing even for $500. After waxing Mike, they asked where Bruce was. Bruce was out of town, but said he would come back but wanted to know who the guy was. They said to tell him that they would give him the 8 to come back, lol. Bruce declined, and we called Tony Watson and he also declined. So, instead of stalling since nobody knew him, and making a big score when Bruce got back, they made $500. A couple of days after that, he won his first regional tournament up north and the rest, as they say, is World Champion history.
 
looks like he was trying to show the badge on his shirt. that or he got his thumb caught in his pocket as he was striking a post lol.
 
corvette1340 said:
4-5 years ago when Alcano just had made his way to the US and nobody really knew him, he came through Athens during a pretty big Viking tour tournament. When he came to the pool room the tourney was almost over and it was Sunday evening. He was traveling with a couple of guys I had met in Greenville that were from up north, one of which I played Gin with for money. To make a long story short, he could have stalled for a little while and busted the room, but these guys moved like glaciers. Instead of matching up with a shortstop at first, he jumped on Mike Gulyassy playing even for $500. After waxing Mike, they asked where Bruce was. Bruce was out of town, but said he would come back but wanted to know who the guy was. They said to tell him that they would give him the 8 to come back, lol. Bruce declined, and we called Tony Watson and he also declined. So, instead of stalling since nobody knew him, and making a big score when Bruce got back, they made $500. A couple of days after that, he won his first regional tournament up north and the rest, as they say, is World Champion history.

Yeah-I was there-Murphy's Brass Rail. People thought i was in on it as i knew Ronnie and a couple of his Ct buddies but it was just a coinkydink. One of the CT guys i didnt know and he was sweatin bullets i was gonna ruin his lame score. I remember Ronnie was going by the name 'Tom' except he wasnt used to it at all and People are yellin "Hey Tom, Hey Tom" and he is looking at the ceiling counting cobwebs.
 
Last edited:
I took the photo and asked Ronnie to relax the arm. He refused because it was important to him to showcase the patch of his sponsor.

All who guessed that this was the reason, move to the front of the line!

Jerry
 
Nostroke said:
Yeah-I was there-Murphy's Brass Rail. People thought i was in on it as i knew Ronnie and a couple of his Ct buddies but it was just a coinkydink. One of the CT guys i didnt know and he was sweatin bullets i was gonna ruin his lame score. I remember Ronnie was going by the name 'Tom' except he wasnt used to it at all and People are yelin "Hey Tom" and he is looking at the ceiling counting cobwebs.



He has no choice of the matter, he already used up the names Dick and Harry!
biglaugh.gif
 
Jerry Forsyth said:
I took the photo and asked Ronnie to relax the arm. He refused because it was important to him to showcase the patch of his sponsor.

All who guessed that this was the reason, move to the front of the line!

Jerry


That must've been some dough Jerry!
 
Ronnie looks really uncomfortable in that photo. Maybe the guy on his left accidentally grabbed his ass at the moment of the photo. You never know. :D
 
Last edited:
Back
Top