What is your HIGH RUN?

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
My first formal pool lesson opened with, "you don't play good enough to give Anybody weight. "
The lessons were 1 a week for 6 weeks at 20 each. What a Bargain. 🤷‍♂️
The contract included No Gambling while enrolled. Made it all back the first night at completion of the course. Of course, " it's Grampa's story and that's how he tells it....Now. 🤷‍♂️

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
My first formal pool lesson opened with, "you don't play good enough to give Anybody weight. "
The lessons were 1 a week for 6 weeks at 20 each. What a Bargain. 🤷‍♂️
The contract included No Gambling while enrolled. Made it all back the first night at completion of the course. Of course, " it's Grampa's story and that's how he tells it....Now. 🤷‍♂️

"Neither a borrower or a lender be" is how I felt about weight. Never asked for it because getting weight is conceding you are the weaker player. The odds of the weaker player winning are remote. A genuinely fine gentleman and sportsman on here tried to make fair games. He kept records and was surprised to learn he won 75% of the time when he gave weight.

You give weight based on your average games and the better player always has more in reserve. Sure the weaker player wins sometimes but I figure that if you go with three to one odds against as cited above you will be in the neighborhood.

If I gave weight your odds were far worse. If you weren't feeling like working to give your money away just hand it to me because your odds of coming out winner at the end of the night were approaching zero. Once I was comfortable giving somebody weight you could stick a fork in them, they were already done.

Hu

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
"Neither a borrower or a lender be" is how I felt about weight. Never asked for it because getting weight is conceding you are the weaker player. The odds of the weaker player winning are remote. A genuinely fine gentleman and sportsman on here tried to make fair games. He kept records and was surprised to learn he won 75% of the time when he gave weight.

You give weight based on your average games and the better player always has more in reserve. Sure the weaker player wins sometimes but I figure that if you go with three to one odds against as cited above you will be in the neighborhood.

If I gave weight your odds were far worse. If you weren't feeling like working to give your money away just hand it to me because your odds of coming out winner at the end of the night were approaching zero. Once I was comfortable giving somebody weight you could stick a fork in them, they were already done.

Hu
My best friend and I alternated giving each other the 6 out playing tenball and played long sets. We both won the set we were giving the weight on. The better the players, the less ball spots mean anything.

That's why Shane could give Corey the orange crush and crush him.

Jaden

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member

Hu
I heard a better player than myself tell a guy he never gave nor expected weight.
He wanted your best game.
'DragonSlayer' enjoyed defeating an opponent of his own caliber - straight up. Winning against someone of like mind is gratifying indeed.
Playing lesser players will only mess w your best game.
Square off and let em fly. Lol. There's something to be said for that.

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, I did a time or two use "I will shoot left handed." It didn't take long for them to realize that it wasn't a spot. 🤷‍♂️

When I had people doing crap like moving balls when I wasn't looking at the table, unaware I had it all mapped in my mind, I was one of the best left handed players in the world. Not shooting left handed, a little wrist flick as my hand went by a ball coming off the table! I didn't even need to do it, just my reaction to being cheated. They couldn't drink a swallow of beer or cough without a ball disappearing!(grin) When asswipes wanted to cheat, I figured I would show them how it was done. There are 326 ways to cheat on a pool table, I know 327 of them.

I suspect you know Titanic Thompson was left handed. He was so good at anything physical that he would kick your ass right handed, barely of course, then let you raise the bet massively and he would play you left handed being just natchurally big hearted!

The better the players, the less ball spots mean anything.

True dat! I watch the young guns start raking three or four balls, no sense using a ball spot.

I heard a better player than myself tell a guy he never gave nor expected weight.
'DragonSlayer' enjoyed defeating an opponent of his own caliber - straight up. Winning against someone of like mind is gratifying indeed.

Unfortunately I usually only got to do that a few times a year. It wasn't that I wanted to be a big fish in a small pond but circumstances had me in a small pond and I wasn't bashful about tangling with big fish. When playing with local hustlers after tangling with some of the best road players of the seventies, eighties, and early nineties, well steel sharpens steel and the local guys were more like pewter.

Hu

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
When I had people doing crap like moving balls when I wasn't looking at the table, unaware I had it all mapped in my mind, I was one of the best left handed players in the world. Not shooting left handed, a little wrist flick as my hand went by a ball coming off the table! I didn't even need to do it, just my reaction to being cheated. They couldn't drink a swallow of beer or cough without a ball disappearing!(grin) When asswipes wanted to cheat, I figured I would show them how it was done. There are 326 ways to cheat on a pool table, I know 327 of them.

I suspect you know Titanic Thompson was left handed. He was so good at anything physical that he would kick your ass right handed, barely of course, then let you raise the bet massively and he would play you left handed being just natchurally big hearted!

True dat! I watch the young guns start raking three or four balls, no sense using a ball spot.

Unfortunately I usually only got to do that a few times a year. It wasn't that I wanted to be a big fish in a small pond but circumstances had me in a small pond and I wasn't bashful about tangling with big fish. When playing with local hustlers after tangling with some of the best road players of the seventies, eighties, and early nineties, well steel sharpens steel and the local guys were more like pewter.

Hu
Well said my friend.🙏🏻

Hu
Well said my friend.🙏🏻

ScottRich

hi everyone, I am new to this sight. sight. high run in straight pool is 157. 9ball big table 7 racks. Diamond bar table, 11 racks. 5×10 snooker table 93, with 10 red balls. Ran out from the break. 67 on a tight 6×12 in Pensacola. I used to play well, but quit for 17 years, and had a lot of back problems, but still great memories! thanks, Scott Richardson

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
hi everyone, I am new to this sight. sight. high run in straight pool is 157. 9ball big table 7 racks. Diamond bar table, 11 racks. 5×10 snooker table 93, with 10 red balls. Ran out from the break. 67 on a tight 6×12 in Pensacola. I used to play well, but quit for 17 years, and had a lot of back problems, but still great memories! thanks, Scott Richardson

Welcome aboard! I like someone that steps up to the plate and tells us who and what they are. You must be trying to hustle us!(joke, only makes sense if you have been reading the might be a hustler thread.)

Got to rag you a little, two tries and you still couldn't get "site" right!

Got a feeling you will be one of the good guys on AZB.

Hu

ScottRich

Welcome aboard! I like someone that steps up to the plate and tells us who and what they are. You must be trying to hustle us!(joke, only makes sense if you have been reading the might be a hustler thread.)

Got to rag you a little, two tries and you still couldn't get "site" right!

Got a feeling you will be one of the good guys on AZB.

Hu
thanks hu! I read the hustler thread, and belive that if you think someone plays better, don't play them, or ask for weight. Don't be a pool detective.

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Welcome Scott. Thanks for the #s!! I'll take the last 3 my friend. Lol.

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Where do you hang you hat Scott??

ScottRich

after I retired from the Navy, I moved to Atlanta, to be close to my best friend, who plays pretty well too. When I moved here, we played at Kennesaw Billiards, and that's where I play now. Been out for about 7 weeks, due to a back issue, but should be cleared soon. thanks for asking!

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My highest run that I can remember occurred when I was 17 and the police broke up a beer/weed party we were having in the middle of the night on the local golf course. I was pretty high and ran pretty far pretty fast with the quarter barrel on my shoulder. Finally stopped when I ran straight into a big maple tree about a quarter mile from ground zero.
🥴

George the Greek

My highest run that I can remember occurred when I was 17 and the police broke up a beer/weed party we were having in the middle of the night on the local golf course. I was pretty high and ran pretty far pretty fast with the quarter barrel on my shoulder. Finally stopped when I ran straight into a big maple tree about a quarter mile from ground zero.
🥴
Now that's some funny chit. Lol

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
after I retired from the Navy, I moved to Atlanta, to be close to my best friend, who plays pretty well too. When I moved here, we played at Kennesaw Billiards, and that's where I play now. Been out for about 7 weeks, due to a back issue, but should be cleared soon. thanks for asking!
Good to have you back old son. Look forward to reading more of your posts!!👍🏻

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Is that KJ's place or somewhere else? Haven't been in that area in over a decade...

Jaden

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Good to have you back old son. Look forward to reading more of your posts!!👍🏻
🥴
I did something similar only it was Halloween and after I tossed a pack of 400 black cats thru a window of the local spook house, I turned and beat feet across the church grounds next door. Looking back towards the sound of those bad boys going off and when I turned to face front, a low hanging branch on one of the ancient pine trees in the churchyard popped me square in the eye!! Wore a patch for coupla weeks. This was during varsity basketball tryouts and I had no depth perception. Funny stuff. Ol' one eye.😂
Competition on our team was fierce and needless to say, I blew it that year.
Was worth it tho to hear all those screams coming from the spook house.
Karmas' a Beeatch!!!😉