What tip for your break cue?

TheSneak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got a Jerico Stinger J/B and I like the phenolic it comes with, but my friend installed a white diamond on his and it works even better! I'm thinking about getting one installed this week.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
I love the phenolic tip on my predator BK

Anyone tried the G-10??

G10 is a good jump tip. As a breaktip just garbage. Almost no control.

As a breaktip i just use samsara breaktip. Whats also excellnt is, is a tip called hc4000 built by a german guy.

Anyway a big hater from phenolic. :-D:-D:-D

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use the Elite heavy breaker, which comes with the phenolic ferrule/tip Combo.

Thinking of either switching to the Elite ultra light, or upgrading to the Joss Thor Hammer or OB break.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
If you use the search feature you will find this subject has been discussed a number of times.

I can tell you that while it is subjective to be sure, the big favorites in those threads seem to be the White Diamond (for phenolic) and the Samsara (for non-phenolic).

I have been using the same White Diamond tip on my bk-2 breaker for about 5 years and it does an exceptional job, imo.

The general thinking is that you get a bit more control using the non-phenolic tips while the phenolics provide more pop. I haven't had any issue personally with controlling the cue ball when using the white diamond.

Another consideration is that some leagues do not allow phenolic break tips to be used - I think BCA is one.

best,
brian kc

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use a Moori H on my playing cue, break cue and the same on my Jump cue.

zilemok

Registered
Then may I ask what's the difference between phenolic and phenolic resin? And are these two tips together with the samsara and regular layered and triangle tips the only types of tips for break cues?

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I have a Samarsa tip on my OB Break cue. It provides plenty of power (I've never tried a phoenlic so I can't compare the two).

Just for grins I occasionally play out the rack with my break cue. It performs fine regarding spin and control. I just don't like the "crispy" feel of every shot in a regular playing cue.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I have one White Diamond that I have yet to try out. I know a few players who use them and are quite happy.

I mainly install Mad Man jump/break tips. Juan sells them in the Machinery Forum and are very reasonably priced. I just looked at a guys breaker that I installed one on over a year ago. You would never know that it was that old.
A 25 oz breaker. You pick it up and feel that you have to be a Knight in Shining Armor to wield that thing.
Anyway, these tips are about as hard as phenolic, yet leather and they have a bit of control to them. I have installed quite a few on jump cues. Seem to work well and have had no one complain that they can't jump with them.

Myself and quite a few others, I have installed Super Pro. They last almost forever, very hard, and I feel that you have a serious amount of control with them.
There are players using them that have had them on for over 2 years now. I'm pushing close to the 2 year mark with one on my Joss Hammer. Still almost new. And I play a lot of pool. Its is also the teams community breaker most nights. It gets much use. Very reasonably priced. I believe you can still buy an entire box for under $20. I have a life time supply.

Myself, when I first got a breaker with a phenolic tip, I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. That is until I put on a Super Pro. I would never go back to phenolic.

You know what they say. So many tips, so little time.

Last edited:

cyberrot

Curly Maple Nut
Silver Member
Have fitted a Samsara break tip on my BHQ break cue.

Breaks well (up to my liking) and it does not give off an irritating sound when the tip contacts the cue ball.

LuckyStroke

Full Splic Addict
Silver Member
Samsara tip on a Purple Heart shaft. Power and control. I would be willing to try another break tip, but why bother when samsara is available.

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with a Cut Down, Super Pro Tip,

I have cut down version and also a compressed (single Compress) to a durometer rating of 93.5 and it jumps well, can still put spin on cue ball and they last and will take chalk so you dont have mis cue issues.

Plus, if you have a purple heart shaft, which I do, it looks great with the reddish hue that the tip has.

Mike 'acedonkeyace' kennedy