What type of cue is it

mickb94

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope one of you guys can clarify this for me...
If I went to a cuemaker and requested a "sneaky pete", then paid for inlays and a leather wrap,...what type of cue is it now?

is it a full splice cue? is it a sneaky? what would I call it for accuracy during a sale?

note: The leather wrap sits a little further back than where a normal wrap would be due to it not starting until near the splice. If it didn't, the points would be very short.

Thanks.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
If I went to a cuemaker and requested a "sneaky pete", then paid for inlays and a leather wrap,...what type of cue is it now?

is it a full splice cue? is it a sneaky? what would I call it for accuracy during a sale?

note: The leather wrap sits a little further back than where a normal wrap would be due to it not starting until near the splice. If it didn't, the points would be very short.

Thanks.

The short point is a very old school look. It's a full splice with a wrap and inlays.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Thanks.
Even though it most likely won't start life as a house cue, I'd call it a conversion.

Freddie

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
It's a sneaky. You can argue semantics all day but it's pointless. Call it whatever you like, and with a single picture everybody will recognize it as a sneaky that has been dressed up. They may consider it a full splice, sneaky, conversion, whatever, and they're all exactly correct. It's all of those things, and the name doesn't really matter. Regardless of the label you attach to it, everybody that knows cues will understand exactly what it is.

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks.

Obviously it's a tribute cue... Master Stroke, Palmer, Paradise...

Dale