What would you do here?

Playing 9 Ball: In which pocket would you try to shoot the seven ball?

• A

Votes: 22 14.4%
  • B

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • C

Votes: 63 41.2%
  • D

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • E

Votes: 65 42.5%

• Total voters

Sharivari

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to everyone who participated. I asked twelve professional players the same question. Behind their name is the pocket they chose:

Fedor Gorst - E
Niels Feijen - E
Karl Boyes - E
Alexander Kazakis - E
David Alcaide - E
Ralf Souquet - E
Thorsten Hohmann - E
Dennis Grabe - E
Mario He - E
Aloysius Yapp - E
Florian "Venom" Kohler - E
Max Lechner - E

In case you're curious: I also did a second video on where I am presenting and explaining the results:

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Thanks to everyone who participated. I asked twelve professional players the same question. Behind their name is the pocket they chose:

Fedor Gorst - E
Niels Feijen - E
Karl Boyes - E
Alexander Kazakis - E
David Alcaide - E
Ralf Souquet - E
Thorsten Hohmann - E
Dennis Grabe - E
Mario He - E
Aloysius Yapp - E
Florian "Venom" Kohler - E
Max Lechner - E

In case you're curious: I also did a second video on where I am presenting and explaining the results:
What a morning... I take the day off, enjoying a hot coffee, and I discover that I won the internet... (y)

Thanks for the follow up. Only thing extra thing I could have hoped for was a description by the pros on how they would have moved the CB to position on the 7. My money is on them using only a single rail rather than 2 like I suggested. Again though, I think this is just boils down to being familar with the top notch quality equipment they benefit from.

Thanks again. Looking forward to the next situational poll

sparkle84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a morning... I take the day off, enjoying a hot coffee, and I discover that I won the internet... (y)

Thanks for the follow up. Only thing extra thing I could have hoped for was a description by the pros on how they would have moved the CB to position on the 7. My money is on them using only a single rail rather than 2 like I suggested. Again though, I think this is just boils down to being familar with the top notch quality equipment they benefit from.

Thanks again. Looking forward to the next situational poll
On any type of equipment 2 rails provides a larger MOE and easier speed control. JMO. The new poll will be identical. Lead a horse, etc, etc.

Last edited:

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
E is my best option. I would use top English and aim my cue ball to hit the diamond above the side pocket (that area). The problem with pocket C is holding your ball. Pocket C would be correct on slow felt.

Sharivari

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Most of them told me that they would probably go two rails. One rail is also possible, but the zone gets just a tiny bit smaller that way. So depending on how comfortable you feel with the inside spin, you can go two rails. If not, just go one rail.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
As I noted in one of the earlier posts in this thread, there can be no quesitoning that from an angle management theory standpoint, the pattern clearly points to the choice "E".

That said, the choice still comes down to one's assessment of the risk of crossing an obstructing ball on a multi-rail path or overshooting the speed to get on the wrong side of the next ball. I am not surprised that top pros you asked see little to no risk here, but their answer is not THE answer, because THE answer is, at least in part, a function of one's skill level.

Take a bow for a great thread here, Sharivari.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
Most of them told me that they would probably go two rails. One rail is also possible, but the zone gets just a tiny bit smaller that way. So depending on how comfortable you feel with the inside spin, you can go two rails. If not, just go one rail.
Thanks for doing this thread. It was a lot of fun. I think if anyone isn’t comfortable with the Inside English on this particular shot, they should put this as a priority in their practice regimen. It should be a pretty bread and butter shot.

Bigkat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Taking my chance to "shoot straight".. Therefore, pocketing 7-ball in C and rolling forward 👍🏾👍🏾