Whats the call.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Playing one pocket-Player(neither player) doesn't realize how many ball's he has and actually made 9 when he only needed 8.He fouls on the the 9th ball.I actually gave it to him but not sure what is the rite call .

Rackemep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think that was the right call...the game was technically over when he made his 8th ball anyways right?

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If he scratched on his ninth ball he owes a ball and the game continues.
Unless they have changed the rule.
If he made the ninth ball he will spot it and the one he owes.

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You only need 8 balls to win, I think we all can agree upon that.
So when he shot at the 9th ball, I would have to assume it was
a practice shot for I think we all ready agreed the game was
over when he made the 8th ball ! :D

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll let you know when you remind me how much we were playing for again. :) :) That is the typical pool room response.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He won

It does not matter what happened on the 9th ball, if he counts his balls while paying for the foul and realizes that he had already won, game over

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is good sports men ship to tell your opponent he's out. There is a big however in this scenario. It's not your opponents fault you didn't know how many balls you pocketed. You continued to play on and then scratched. Well, now you have seven balls. In other words, you accepted the action. I have been playing one pocket for 50 years and I have seen this come up over and over again. I have even seen players accidently exchange pockets unknowningly and continue to play on. Everyone in the pool room knew it except those two guys and we all had one of the best belly laughs ever. How about this one, not moving the penny or bead playing a race and then expecting your opponent to help you remember how many games you won. Here's another, not telling your opponent he's on two fouls playing three foul rules. Is he supposed to remember that by himself? The bottom line is that in perfect world we should all be honorable and play the game with respect. But this line keeps coming back to me, "God helps those who help themselves."