What's the hardest leather tip that holds chalk well?

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
What's the hardest leather tip that holds chalk well? I've had enough of this soft tip. Looking for a very hard tip for a playing cue that has a good sound and holds chalk.

I love hard milk duds but thought I'd give something else a try if anyone has recommendations.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
What's the hardest leather tip that holds chalk well? I've had enough of this soft tip. Looking for a very hard tip for a playing cue that has a good sound and holds chalk.

I love hard milk duds but thought I'd give something else a try if anyone has recommendations.
Outsville technodud, also try out a box of 50 lepros or water buffalo, some will be shit others will be great! worth it when you get a good one.

madman1nonly

Fine Handmade Cue Tips
Silver Member

Madman Hard Tips
Juan Rios
Thanks

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'd recommend a Samsara J/B tip. Although not leather, the Predator tip on the Rush break cue can be chalked and played with. I'm not sure that you'd say that either has a "good" sound.

Keith

customcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try Zan GripHard or Boost. Both have great grip and holds chalk very well.
use the GripHard on cues I use time by time with a regular non LD maple shaft.
Works and plays very good on these type of shafts.

madman1nonly

Fine Handmade Cue Tips
Silver Member

You can try a madman hard playing tip

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Have you ever tried an old Hercules 12 layer hard. they are pretty much what you described. I think I have some, they may be hard to find otherwise.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I lucked out and got a really good hard lepro. The shaft makes a pretty clunk when I hit, holds taom chalk real well
never been more happy with any tip

Then I bought a box of em and sorted out the hardest ones for myself to take to the grave with me .

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A little over 5 years ago I was having an email conversation with Leonard Bludworth
about a cue I'd purchased that was one he'd made. I'd asked what he'd recommend
for a hard tip. This is his response;

" On Saturday, December
24, 2016 2:40 PM, Leonard Bludworth
<bludcues@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hank,
at one time way way back, I used Le-Pro's. I would soak
them in laquiar thinner over night, then place them in the
oven [pre-heated] for about 15 minutes, at 325 degrees.[
make sure there DRY].. Or you can let them dry out over a
couple days. Sand the back flat, then glue them on. They
wind up being harder than a whores heart. They play great,