Whats the largest pool hall in the world and how many tables?

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kramer & Eugene's

I just read an article about a place in Concord, NC named Kramer & Eugene's which opened in March of 1999 at a cost estimated at 8.2 million $$$ :eek:

A three story complex with 52,000 square feet...WOW.

Anybody know if it's still operating?

:cool:

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think there is a place in Boston with about 45-50 tables. Not sure of the name of it though.

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Pool rooms ...

Magoos in Tulsa is pretty big, I think about 40 some tables, full and bar, 2 buildings (most bar tables in 2nd adjoining building in back).

SidePockets here, which is a franchise, has 24 bar tables (Valley Pro), and 9 full sized tables, and it is a real nice place (oak everything), and they have about $850 grand tied up in it.

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
A/VHomeStereo said:
We had a Pinkies in Omaha, Nebraska. It WAS 36,000 sq/ft and had 101 tables (8-9' tables with green felt and 93 barbox's with bright pink felt). Not what I would call a pool hall.

So they had 8 "real" pool tables....I agree...NOT a pool hall. Can you see Efren playing on a pink bar box?

Hal

Beer Player
Silver Member
I'm sure JOB billiards in Nashville isn't the largest, but it's nice. I'd say about 35 tables.

Buddha's Belly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• bengkel.jpg
    bengkel.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 2,734

JG-in-KY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cueandcushion said:
I remember a place in Las Vegas. I thought it was called Lion's Den or something like that. Supposed to have 120 tables. Maybe it was just a myth. :confused: But I also heard they went under. Anyone from Las Vegas come here? Tell us about it!

Yeah I read about it in the October 95 Billiards Digest issue. Picked number #2 in the room rankings. I went to check it out when I was there in august 96 and it was closed. According to the article the space was 75,000 feet and phase I had him developing 45,000 feet of it. 90 AMF Playmaster tables and a pair of Renaissance Lion's Tables valued at $50,000! I too would like to know the story.

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
I think you would do better opening a smaller place with an emphisis on quality tables good food and drinks. I personally would use the 2 floors in a different way say an area for real players. It would be quiet ect ect. Price in this area would be by the hour. The other area would be about the social aspect with the food some loud music ect. In this area I would charge by the number of people playing / by the hour.The main thing is that it should be spotlessly clean.

gregoryg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Romine's in Milwaukee, Wisonsin

Have not been there in a few years, used to live in Milwaukee until 1987. Last time I was at the room on south 27th street, they had over 50 nine foot tables(could be as high as 75, never counted all of them), 3 heated billiard tables, four barboxes, a pro shop, a full service bar and restaurant, video and pinball games plus a dance floor and big screen tv(a whole bunch of small tv's too). They bought a building that used to be a roller skating rink, perfect because there were NO columns anywhere, due to the arched rooftop design. When Terry Romine was trying to get a new room, he wanted to have a place that wood be able to have 100 tables. This was close to what he wanted, and it turned out really nice. They used to have weekly tournaments, if they still do, don't know what days, sorry, haven't had the chance to get back since 2002.

txspaderz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tables

VietSoClassic said:
Whats the largest pool room in the world if anyone knows and how many tables?

My and my uncle... well trying to convince my uncle to build me a pool hall with over 40 tables including
5 french pool,
5 bar pocket tables,
20-8.5ft pocket tables
30-9ft pocket tables
3-10x5 snooker tables.

This is a big building 2 floors meaning you walk up 5 steps to the second floor to get to the 9ft tables including 1 snooker and 1 french pool on the second floor for final round. Pool room time will be a decent price. "Play by hour not by per person." Hopefully being able to get sponsored and get pros in and get a tournament going.

We estimated it out to be close to $1.2 million located in Houston, TX. I was thinking $800K. My uncles telling me "elbow room" and drinks. "elbow room" space for each table. Also estimated for time period how long he will get his money back... 4.5 years.
He's a professional architecture. I was going to say make it look like a warehouse... he popped me in the back of my head and said no.

I know the owner of Replay down here in Houston, hit me up on my site and I can give him a ring for you if your interested.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
JG-in-KY said:
Yeah I read about it in the October 95 Billiards Digest issue. Picked number #2 in the room rankings. I went to check it out when I was there in august 96 and it was closed. According to the article the space was 75,000 feet and phase I had him developing 45,000 feet of it. 90 AMF Playmaster tables and a pair of Renaissance Lion's Tables valued at $50,000! I too would like to know the story.
I've been to every pool room in Vegas within the last 3 months. The largest pool room in Vegas is the Cue Club with 39 mixed tables.

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
JG-in-KY said:

I was there in May 96 for BCA Nationals and visited the Lion's Den. They must have been in the process of closing, because I was told that they used to have a real caged lion in there. It had a bazillion tables, but not sure how many. Here is a picture taken outside with one of the lions that flanked the entrance. Forgive the hair and clothes, lol!

Attachments

• 87 Me with the Lion.jpg
    87 Me with the Lion.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,238

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
And here is a pic of their Z table. Is this forum only for room owners? If so, I apologize for posting here. :eek:

Attachments

• 88 Z Table.jpg
    88 Z Table.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,271

RogerSLC-LV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Lion's Den!!!

The Lion's Den in Las Vegas was located on Flamingo Road between Maryland Parkway and Eastern Avenue. It seems like it closed about 10 years ago. At the time it was open it was advertised as the largest pool room in the world. I was huge...........nice clean place, good parking with well maintained tables and sticks. I never really heard why it closed. Not much info.....but it's all I got.
Regards, Roger

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
cueandcushion said:
It is a pool table, that when you aproach it with a stick, immediately surrenders.

Maybe, but if you approach it hat-in-hand asking for help during a war against it's historic enemy, it will help you win.

Dave

sniper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know the House of Billiards in Weert is huge. Maybe Maurice can fill us in on it's exact size? I recall them having a 256 man tournament a few years back so you know it's got alot of tables.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
I can't believe with all the knowledge on this board we still don't know (for sure anyway)
what's the biggest pool hall in the world. HOB Weert is a nice place, but not huge @24 tables,
I do believe they had 356 in their largest tournament. Who can top Buddha's Belly?