whats the longest you have played?

Joseph Ortega

Daddy's little girl
Silver Member
The other day I played 12hrs and then the next day I played 10 hrs. Although I havent done that in a couple of years, I remember I used to do that all the time.

One day I started playing at noon one day and didnt quit until 10 AM the next day for a total of 22 hrs. I just stopped to snack on some chips and pee from all the cranberry juice I was drinking.

I have had a few 18 hr session also but i was wondering what is the longest you have ever played at once or in a week or whatever?
 
Playing ...

I played 76 hours once, taking 1 hour breaks every 24 hours, and a few 15 minute breaks inbetween.

When I was young and in Houston, I have played days after days, only getting 2-3 hours sleep inbetween.

Used to play down at Burke's Steakhouse all night (they were open from 4 pm to 6 am next morning), and go home shower and go to work at Boeing, get off, sleep a few hours and go do it again.

Played 31 hours down there once straight, no breaks, other than bathroom breaks or getting something to drink.

Have played several 16-20 hour sessions. And several 12 hour sessions.
 
kilojo420 said:
The other day I played 12hrs and then the next day I played 10 hrs. Although I havent done that in a couple of years, I remember I used to do that all the time.

One day I started playing at noon one day and didnt quit until 10 AM the next day for a total of 22 hrs. I just stopped to snack on some chips and pee from all the cranberry juice I was drinking.

I have had a few 18 hr session also but i was wondering what is the longest you have ever played at once or in a week or whatever?

I was about 30 yrs old. We began fri about midnight and played until 8:30 AM Monday. About 55 hours and won $19,000.

When it was over, I thought it was still Sunday. I was seeing music and hearing colors.
 
my longest was about 12 hours when my best friend came to visit..we knew it would be a long time before we would see each other again...we went to Chris's in Chicagp......i usually can only go for about 2 hours before my spinal cord gives out..even with pain pills which i take daily..but this was a special event for which i will never forget when i had the Best time of my life....:)
 
I did 24 hours straight once, on a "bet". About a year ago, when I was in Germany, I started playing at about 4pm on Saturday afternoon. Come closing time, the owner/manager told me I could stick around and shoot as long as I wanted, so I did.

Come 7am, he told me that if I could make it until 4pm that day (Sunday), then he wouldn't take a single penny of my table time or bar tab. We were talking upwards of 300-350 bucks....so I stuck it out for the full 24 hours. He told me I was the only person he had ever seen that could play for that long in one stretch......but by the 18th hour or so, I started seeing two sets of balls on the table. I think my game kinda took a downward spiral for the rest of the time I was there.
 
A friend and myself used to plan 12-14 hours stints down at Starchers in Akron every 4 months or so. Played alot of straight pool with just snack breaks. I think 16 hours would be my limit unless I was in Vegas or caught up in something really fun.

ez
 
When I first took up the game about a year and a half ago...

I was visiting my soon to be home -- Emory University. They had a little room with a crappy destroyed 8 foot. We've got a new 9 foot in there now, but that wasn't the case at the time...

I went to visit the campus, and on the first day i stepped in there and met all the guys, I played for about 30 minutes...

The next day I got up, ate breakfast, went to the bathroom, and got to the room at 8am (building open) and played till 12pm (building close). Hardly anyone came in that day -- it was REAL slow, so I was on the table the entire time. 16 hrs straight with NO breaks.


And that's when I knew.......LOL :p
 
my longest stretch has always been limited by the hours of the place i'm playing since i dont have any 24 hour places or a home table :(

my longest stint is somewheres around 12-14 hours ... and that was snooker, no 8-ball or 9-ball. hit up the hall here at home in hays about noon or 1 and played til 2am close and past until 2:30 when the rack was finally done ... (it was one hell of a safety battle with no one leaving a shot or taking any possibility of selling out)

had a bunch of 7-10 hour stretches before too.
 
About 5 years ago when I use to play with extra pool supplies I started playing on at around 7pm Friday night at a place called Sharkey's in Marietta GA closed it down then went to a 24 hour poolroom called Kennesaw Billiards stayed there till 12pm headed over to Side Pockets for their afternoon tournament then a APA bar table 9ball touny, finished there went back to sharkey's closed it down went back to kennesaw billiards till 10:30 am and headed over to Mr. Cues for a APA 8 ball tourny. Place 2nd in it which held me there till 2am Monday. Needless to say cooking at 8am that morning wasn't the most enjoyable work day I have had.
 
Thepoolroomchef said:
About 5 years ago when I use to play with extra pool supplies I started playing on at around 7pm Friday night at a place called Sharkey's in Marietta GA closed it down then went to a 24 hour poolroom called Kennesaw Billiards stayed there till 12pm headed over to Side Pockets for their afternoon tournament then a APA bar table 9ball touny, finished there went back to sharkey's closed it down went back to kennesaw billiards till 10:30 am and headed over to Mr. Cues for a APA 8 ball tourny. Place 2nd in it which held me there till 2am Monday. Needless to say cooking at 8am that morning wasn't the most enjoyable work day I have had.
That has got to be one of the funniest signature block phrases I've ever read!!!!!
 
My longest is 18 hours, three different times in the same week. But my best long stint was a 12-hour run of straight pool in Chicago. I must say I have never had that much fun playing that long. The whole thing felt like the first few minutes of feelings that you get when you walk into your favorite room and take in that atmosphere. My buddy and I were in billiard heaven. I miss that day.
 
Last edited:
Have had several 18 hour days with lots of 12-16 hour days in there. Always wanted to have one of those marathon matches that go for 24 hours or longer but haven't. Unless staying up for insane amounts of time at Derby City counts in there.

8 days and counting to DCC. Damn, I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Back in '99, I played a guy in Miami for 19 hours with no breaks except to go to the bathroom. The funny thing is that I didn't start playing my best pool until the last two hours. Then, six hours later, me and my boy drove non-stop to NYC (and the first thing we did when we hit the Apple was to head straight to Chelsea Billiards). My feet and my head were still hurting two days later!
 
Time will tell

In my younger days...37 hours > Profit = $610 ... started out at $2 per game.
Just a short timer for "Cornbread"!
 
ironman said:
I was about 30 yrs old. We began fri about midnight and played until 8:30 AM Monday. About 55 hours and won $19,000.

When it was over, I thought it was still Sunday. I was seeing music and hearing colors.

I think you take the cake Ironman! I have done many 20+ sessions. If there still is money left and I think I can win, I might play for a week or until I pass out. Practice, I think I may have played an hour a couple of times. :p
 
My longest was a 24 hour snooker marathon for charity. About 6 of us did it to raise money for our local hospital & our snooker club's cricket team.

It really did seem like a good idea at the time. We started at 7pm on a Saturday night, all of us looking forward to it. By 4am the novelty had worn off slightly, even more so when several people started taking off their shoes to play. This was met with many cries of "Ugh, put 'em back on!"

At the halfway mark we didn't even want to look at the clock. When it was over the club owner bought us a round of drinks but my favourite part was getting home & falling into bed! I know there is no way in Hell I could do that now, I'm too bloody old & worn out.:(
 
I'm a little surprised by the responses here, actually. I play 12-14 hours at a time every chance I get. I've always been limited by the hours of the establishment, and have always been disappointed that I couldn't play for 24 hours at a time. I just thought it was somewhat the norm for pool players to play for 24+ hours. Now I don't feel so bad about not having done it. Now though, the pool room by me stays open almost 24 hours a day, so I can maybe get a long stretch of 18 hours or so;-). I don't really require much sleep, so I've always been curious about how my play would change in a really long session.

I should add though, that I haven't ever played a single person for that long a stretch. Maybe 5 hours or so at the most...

Two weeks ago I played a lot on almost no sleep for a weekend. Went to the poolhall after work, left for a while and got drunk, came back at 5am and played for about 3.5 hours. Went home and slept for 4 hours, came back at 2pm. Then I played until 11pm, stopped and met a friend for an hour. Had to find a cab in the snow, which took 2.5 hours, so I got home around 4am. Then I had to be back at 10am for a tournament, so I only got about 3 hours sleep (friend was staying at my house, so he woke me up in the middle of the night to come in...thanks bud;-). Went back and played the tournament until 4:30pm, took 3rd. Not bad.:) Might have done better but the lack of sleep really set in during the last match I played.
 
Longest continuous playing was 7hrs of practice shooting Straight and 9-Ball
I play for a team, so it's basically a pool-flatrate with 30€/month and I have full access being the captain of my team.

Longest event was a 12hrs round-robin - 9-Ball sudden death all the way through with 110 players.

Matches are chosen by a random generator program, so you make ~25 games

Quite entertaining and good money to earn (1st 500€)
But you have to be careful all the time as it's sudden death.
Last year one hotshot went home after 6hrs as he had already lost too many matches to make it into the final four - I think it was 20/23 won to make it
 
rossaroni said:
I think you take the cake Ironman! I have done many 20+ sessions. If there still is money left and I think I can win, I might play for a week or until I pass out. Practice, I think I may have played an hour a couple of times. :p

The money was important, don't get me wrong, but, I wanted every dime and would have stayed much longer to get it. It was a big point of pride back then.

But, That was then and this is now. I played a fellow back in August one-pocket over in Houston for about 14 hours and thought I might die. Not, what I used to be.
 
Back
Top