What's with all the Dale Perrys?

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
Seriously - there's been a bunch of Dale Perry's in the raffle section the last few weeks. I mean, I like cheap raffles and all, but it seems like the market is flooded. I've heard some less than stellar things about the newer DP's - I wonder if this is related to all the raffles lately?
 
I heard somewhere that Dale is basically flooding the market and undercutting his own prices purposely. Not sure how much truth there is to it, but that's the story I got.
 
Since I have my second Dale Perry cue up... I'll just say it is easy to get carried away bidding. :grin: Dern good cues for the money. Absolutely nothing wrong with either of the two I've put in the raffle section.
 
Since I have my second Dale Perry cue up... I'll just say it is easy to get carried away bidding. :grin: Dern good cues for the money. Absolutely nothing wrong with either of the two I've put in the raffle section.

Not a big fan of turquoise stuff he uses
 
Seriously - there's been a bunch of Dale Perry's in the raffle section the last few weeks. I mean, I like cheap raffles and all, but it seems like the market is flooded. I've heard some less than stellar things about the newer DP's - I wonder if this is related to all the raffles lately?

They are great cues as far as production cues are concerned, I personally think they are well worth what they are selling for, they beat Imports hands down in 99% of all cases.
 
Re: turquoise... neither am I. I've only bought two with turquoise in the past and those were for a specific person that wanted them. None of my own have had turquoise. It's funny (not really) that I've been through some very popular and moderately priced custom cues by very good makers in the last few months but I keep going back to the first DP I bought off eBay. It's just a good cue that hits right for me.
 
I think what Dale does is max out his capacity no matter what, figuring lost time can never be recovered. So he can make 4 cues a day, and sells them pretty much for whatever the market will bear. This time of year that means you can get them cheap because not a lot of people shop for cues in September. Come December you'll see those auctions ending at $175 to $200 instead of $99 to $130. It's an interesting way of doing it, seems to work for him....
 
Dale is making making money!!!! Maybe some other cue builders should do the same...

I think you do not completely understand the time it takes to build cues, and the cost of materials that go into a cue. I do build cues and have been doing so for a few years, and I do not think that he is making much money at all for the time invested and the materials used, in my opinion he is just keeping his head above water.

JIMO
 
Dale perrys

I think they are great cues for the money I have bid on several but it seems like the ones I like everyone else likes also. As far as what he does , thats his business in my opinion.
 
Back
Top