Whats your favorite case.

Spider1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On Q cases. Amazing, ridiculous workmanship and quality. Truly 'work of art' level cases. Wish I could afford one. :(

yankeepapa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sterling Wave 4x8.

Commodious, protective, light, easy carry.

Well executed. Fiendishly well designed interior.

pete

cuejo

Cue Repair tech
Silver Member
I've used instroke for my last couple cases and have been quite happy.

The only 4 X 8 I had was a porper, I found it to heavy to lug around.

I have a JB on order, pretty excited to see what its like!

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sterling

Best bang for the buck is a sterling. They do the job. If you want fancier, JB makes several choices with the same interior.

Have you seen the one King is offering for sale in the wanted/for sale section? That is a heck of a nice one too for the money. Not sure off the top of my head if it is a 4 by 8 though.

fasteddief

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue Cases

Gill Castillo makes a great Butterfly case, different leathers and custom to fit your needs,especially for 3C's Billiards with zippers to open wider for 3c's butts.I have a 3x6 black buffalo,a truly well made case. Gill will make sure your a happy customer. Gill's # 773-491-0018

poolhalljnkie

House cue conversionist
Silver Member
I have an Instroke Buffalo 3X5 that I like,
but is a little heavy, and the top clasp broke off like a year ago.

I am really really trying to talk myself into ordering a JB case.
I've watched his videos, read his entire website, his dedication to protection is above & beyond.

I dont see where you can go wrong in any aspect by getting a JB case, either used, or ordering one.

What is the wait time like right now for one??

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
For me, there is none better than a JACK JUSTIS case...JER

And again Jack does not make a 4x8. So basically the advice for the original poster is that he should change his desire to a smaller case in order to own a Justis.

Does anyone actually read the questions before offering answers?

Edit: I figured it out. The answer is to get TWO Justis 2x4 cases and strap them together. That way the Sr 9ball can get the Justis 4x8. I don't have anything against Justis (anymore) but the question asked was what's the 4x8 case you like best and why.

Just to be completely fair. If someone wanted to use the Justis 3x6 as a 4x8 then it's possible to double up by putting some shafts and butts in the same cavity. If one were to use a simple sleeve then the cues would not touch each other. So it's possible to actually carry 4x8 in a Justis 3x6. And if one is a little bit handy with a sewing machine it's super easy to take the interior of the Justis out and make a new liner that is configured to 4x8.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I have an Instroke Buffalo 3X5 that I like,
but is a little heavy, and the top clasp broke off like a year ago.

I am really really trying to talk myself into ordering a JB case.
I've watched his videos, read his entire website, his dedication to protection is above & beyond.

I dont see where you can go wrong in any aspect by getting a JB case, either used, or ordering one.

What is the wait time like right now for one??

Right now we are tweaking the order process.

At the moment this is it:

1. Go to the order form at www.jbcases.com/orderform.html
2. We will then make you a sketch and send it back to you with all the specs you chose and a quote.
3. You make the changes if any and we repeat the process until you are satisfied that the specs are right.
4. Pay us and Karen will give you a start date.

(I am trying NOT to be part of this process because I tend to be a bottleneck. However I will step in if needed to handle special requests.)

The wait time is 8-12 weeks right now but we are rapidly gaining on the orders so hopefully that lead time will get to be less as we get more organized. Best is to put in the order and let Karen take it through the process. If nothing else then you can use our order form to get a good idea of what you want in a case that you can take to any other case maker if our lead time is too long to wait.

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My favorite is the case JB made for me... the "Chris case". Outstanding protection, storage room, and it's a real quality work horse. The leather & fittings are incredibly hearty.
chris-a-front[1].jpg

chris-f-tpocket[1].jpg

DSC02015.jpg