When Using the Term ‘Cheap Sets’ - How much $/Set Does That Mean?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A few years back my buddy was at a construction site and 2 guys were attempting pick up a 55 gallon trash can full of concrete on to a truck, he said I'll bet you a hundred I can pick up that can with one hand and throw it on that truck, the answer was no way, so the bet was made, so he kicked over the can with concrete, emptied it on the ground, picked up the can with one hand and threw it on the truck, the guy who made the bet said I bet you couldn't pick up the can with concrete in it, my buddy said I didn't bet you on that, I bet you that I could pick up that can with one hand and throw it on the truck and I did it, gimme my hundred, true story, needless to say anytime we make a bet there are lawyers involved, still working on getting those dollar bills with my name on them, he always has an angle.
5imilar to this bet
i bet you i can jump higher than this building
you bet
i jump
i win since the building cant jump

Reactions: SSP

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
How much is the Pool time? if the Pool time is $13-$15 an hour then we're going to play for more, if the time is $5.00 an hour then $50 to five works.
So winning $100 and paying out $26 in pool time doesn't work for you?

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
A few years back my buddy was at a construction site and 2 guys were attempting pick up a 55 gallon trash can full of concrete on to a truck, he said I'll bet you a hundred I can pick up that can with one hand and throw it on that truck, the answer was no way, so the bet was made, so he kicked over the can with concrete, emptied it on the ground, picked up the can with one hand and threw it on the truck, the guy who made the bet said I bet you couldn't pick up the can with concrete in it, my buddy said I didn't bet you on that, I bet you that I could pick up that can with one hand and throw it on the truck and I did it, gimme my hundred, true story, needless to say anytime we make a bet there are lawyers involved, still working on getting those dollar bills with my name on them, he always has an angle.
Any bet that requires clarification = no bet.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My rule of thumb for "cheap sets" are 10 to 20 a set with better players and 100 to 200, when you are supposed to win.
Anything else is " simply uncivilized."

Cuedup

I'm a cheap ass MF. Gambling is not my thing . Not why I play pool.

But I'll play 5 dollars a rack all night long. I consider that "cheap sets".

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Any bets we make now require a contract with a lawyer's review before the handshake
Contract Law Firm.jpg