Where do you want to be in 5 years?

enimrac

Registered
In 5 years my goal is to be playing in the US open. I'm only 24 now so I have plenty of time to hopefully become the best player around my area.

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My goal is that in 5 years I'm still motivated to play and there's still a pool hall to play in. Action has dried up locally...no money and fewer good players to match up with. I used to have bigger goals for myself in pool, but here the game can only provide so much. Weekly low paying tournaments, 20 dollar action...getting tougher to stay motivated. It's great to travel to events and be able to compete, but blowing a whole weekend for a shot at a few hundred bucks isn't a a great tradeoff. I should play more at the house...so im learning one pocket and playing more straight pool to expand my game . I really miss grinding for the money...it used to be easy to get in action. That's what I like most.

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm 63 years old, retired, have a beautiful wife and house with a nice pool table in the finished basement and a very nice Mezz cue. I hope to be still alive in 5 years.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I´d like to be healthy enough to play Pool and Snooker good enough to get some pleasure playing it. Let see if my rheumatism is letting me be.
Also I would like to have sane Woman and child... maybe that is too much to ask. :wink:

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
Above the ground. :happy-birthday: plus many more of them.

I am now at that favorite number of 69 and not too far from being 70. Don't feel any different than I did many years ago.

My wife and I just finished Max 30 and are now starting Insantity again for the 4th time.

Just got a call from Laurie after waiting 12 years and now have my order in for a SW at 2004 prices. It is still costing me over $3200 for the way that I want it. The premium that I paid for one in 2004 is now a bargain plus I have had the benefit of using it for 12 years.

If I wanted I could sell that first cue for more than $3200, make a nice profit even after paying for my new one and people would be beating down my doors to buy it.

Sorry neither will be for sale so don't bug me.

Life is great.

🎱

Last edited:

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Why wait to play a tournament, just go find some local ones and play.

As for my game, I don't have the time or desire to be better than I am. I'm 45, enjoy playing, but it is a winter thing for me. I'd rather fish or golf than play pool in the summer. I'm a b- kinda player and don't see much reason to change.

Playing a 9 ball apa league right now, don't really enjoy it. Team I'm on has too many 5-6's, and I'm up to a 7 in 3 weeks of playing.

Personally I'd rather play tournaments, and gamble than play leagues or practice. Probably because I'm not a real social person.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been threatening to quit since I was a teenager
at 72 ,I am still hitting balls on the home table

My long time goal or say 5 years is to quit entirely or at the least to quit going to the pool room
I have about 3 months of not going to the pool room,so if I keep up the pace maybe I will achieve
one of my goals

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Five years would put me at 69 years old. In 5 years I would like to be a threat to run that 3 pack every time I get to the table.

5 from now. Will be 74. I want to give Philly the breaks in 9 and give 8/7 + breaks 1p.
And expect him to buy coffee after match. Expect a large cup.

Last edited:

CMarshall

D player at best
Silver Member
My Father in Law is in town this weekend. He's a pretty good player. He won't let me play him right handed. I hafta play him left handed! I beat him 2 outta three games playing left handed tonight. Little does he know that I practice left against right pretty often.

A few years back, I watched a old video of Mosconi playing and he effortlessly switched back n forth. The commentators didn't even mention it because it was so subtle. I decided right then to practice playing left handed too.

I'm just a bit buzzed and was checking out the responses to my post. Thanks for contributing to it, guys!

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
My Father in Law is in town this weekend. He's a pretty good player. He won't let me play him right handed. I hafta play him left handed! I beat him 2 outta three games playing left handed tonight. Little does he know that I practice left against right pretty often.

A few years back, I watched a old video of Mosconi playing and he effortlessly switched back n forth. The commentators didn't even mention it because it was so subtle. I decided right then to practice playing left handed too.

I'm just a bit buzzed and was checking out the responses to my post. Thanks for contributing to it, guys!

This is kind of stupid on the part of the victim as a friend of mine would hustle by saying that he would play left handed. The dumb part by the other player was assuming that everyone is right handed.

I also know one person that writes using their right hand, bowls using their left and bats left handed but throws right handed, but shoots a right handed rifle. The reason for this is because they are really left handed but it is too hard for them to find a left handed rifle and writing left handed is rather awkward because their hand is over the writing and when younger everyone had right handed gloves.

🎱

djpstacked03

Student of Billiards
Silver Member
I'd like to become an A player. If I can keep practicing and working on things out of my comfort zone I think it's possible. I just have to negotiate with the wife more than I like to :-/ Growing family makes it difficult to keep everyone happy.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be honest? Living on Maui playing golf and twistin' a fatty every now&then. Oh yeah, and still playing pool,too.:D

Halfjack87

In Training
Silver Member
In 5 years?

Over then next year, or so, I want to master the basic techniques of physically shooting, all manor of aiming, cue-ball control, and planning my shots so that I can run racks in 8, 9, or 14.1.

A few years from now, I want everyone to think I've been doing this all my life...

In 5 years? Maybe buy a cue costing over $200? idk... :lol:

ronscuba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I make a goal every new year to have my handicap raised in league or tournaments.

Started playing pool 4 yrs ago and I am on track. However, improvements will probably start to slow down soon and I will no longer be able to maintain raising a level each year.

5 yrs from now I'd like to be an A.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just want to be consistent night after night.

Now I have been told on here many times when I mention my inconsistency that I need to work on my fundamentals....now i realize proper fundamentals help with consistency that is not my main problem

My problem is focus or lack of it.

I play double jeopardy...both 8 and 9 ball the same night. Toooo many times I play great one match and then lousy the next. I know my fundamentals just don't appear or disappear from one match fo the other.

Just a couple of examples below..plenty more nights just like these:mad:

Last Wednesday night I plays 9 ball vs another 5 like me. I won 35-15 in 10 innings while playing 3 safes. During the 3rd rack I was shooting at the 8 ball....easy shot ... And realized I had a break and run going. Yep you probly guessed it....flubbed the shot thinking while shooting.

Last night I show up at league and see I was raised to a 6 again cue to the above match. Been raised and lowered 4 times now just this year.

So I play 9 ball 1st vs another 6 . After 2 racks I am up 16-2....made an early 9 2nd rack. I thought.dang...keep this chit up and I'm gonna be a 7 next week.yep you guessed it...i lost 46-40.

An hour later I face the Sam guy again in 8 ball where we both are 5's. I am bummed about the 9 ball match and as a result am playing poorly and he jumps out 2-0 on me.

While I am rack v the 3rx rack in talking to my self saying enough of this chit...play pool like you know how. I win 4 in a row winning the match 4-0 .

Like I said...plenty of nights like this and its all mental dont get me wrong..i know I am just a step above a banger and don't know shit from china about proper fundamentals ....aiming ...english or whatever but I could be a lot better than I am if I had better focus.