Where is best place to sell cues

sharandrew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where is best place to sell cues....I have a Thomas Wayne ebony 8 point with laminations and burl maple fore arm. I know of one that sold for $2000two years ago.

Iam really just looking for best place to showcase it and get a fair amout for it...
 
I'd say here most likely. You can maybe make posters and ask if pool halls will advertise it for you. You should try to sell it to other players who can appreciate a neat cue and its value. IMO that's on AZB or at the pool hall. There's always gonna be haggling when selling stuff so don't be so discouraged if someone wants to pay less for it, that's how it works ;).

You could also go around in a trenchcoat and hang the cue inside of it and see if someone will buy.
 
I hate to admit it, but I have a made a small fortune on eBay over the
past 15 yrs., with at least 350 sales of high-end cues.
The market is down on most things, cues included, but you can put a
Reserve Price on your auction and not let it go for less than that.

Sure, it will cost you some money to sell it on eBay, and PayPal will
"ding" you a tidy sum for handling the money end of the deal.
However, you have to remember that "millions" of people all over the
planet are viewing those auctions 24 hrs. a day.

I have sold many Cues & Cases here on AZB, but always for less than
would be expected on eBay. I "boycot" eBay at times, as I certainly
hate the fact that they are a Monopoly in the auction market and the
so-called laws against such a monopoly don't seem to apply to them.

I hate'em but I still list items there on a regular basis, as the money is
good and the customer base is endless.

I would certainly try selling it here on AZB first, then resort to eBay,
if necessary, to get your price. Don't forget to factor-in the costs of
selling there when listing your items.
 
I like to see AZB stuf stay in the circle, honestly.

Plus, fleabay keeps finding new ways to get more money from transactions, so it is nice to save that mole$ting.
 
Back
Top