Where to play around Cleveland

gmcole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be in the Mayfield Heights/Independence area during the week for the next few months. I'm looking for a safe (good area) place to play with 9 foot tables. Just need an hour or so per night to practice etc. All help greatly appreciated!

Thanks-Jeff

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking for a safe (good area) place to play

Thanks-Jeff

In Cleveland? You gotta be Sh^$# me!!! :wink: Seriously, I was told that Danny Vegh has a billiard retail shop on Mayfield Road. Not a hall, but they sure will be able to direct you.

Can't give anything more specific since it's been 25 years since I lived there. Off the top of my head, I'd check out the Beachwood area for perhaps bowling establishments as well as safe hotel accommodations.

Last edited:

krelldog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeff- 3 places come to mind.

River City Billiards- Address: 21414 Lorain Rd, Cleveland, OH 44126
Phone: (440) 333-5808 Very safe location. 6- 9 foot Diamonds. Very friendly atmosphere. This would be about 20 minutes from your location.

Continuous Billiards- : 5573 Pearl Rd, Cleveland, OH 44129
Phone: (440) 842-5177 Very safe location. Diamond tables. Somehow the owner gets away with allowing the patrons to smoke...so if you don't smoke or are bothered by it...you've been warned. This would be about 10-15 minutes from you.

Kings of Billiards- 3333 Manchester Rd, Akron, OH 44319
Phone: (330) 644-3985 New Diamond Pro Am tables. Good atmosphere. Very Safe. This would be about 45 minutes from you.

If I can answer any other questions feel free to PM me here on AZ.

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also

Right in Mayfield there is a Fox-and Hound with Diamond tables most are 8 footers but they do have at least two 9 footers and maintain them better then most rooms. It is in a strip center.

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best real pool room near you is at Wickliffe Lanes. They have 12 old Brunswicks that mostly play fine.