Where to play in Houston??

NewGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going to be in Houston this weekend and wanted to know where I can play. I'm staying in The Woodlands. On previous trips I went to one pool hall near NASA, but it was about an hour drive. There's also a bowling alley in the woodlands that has about 12 tables, but I didn't like that place too much. Are there any pool halls in the woodlands or in downtown Houston?

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're in the Woodlands, there's really no reason to go any farther south than Bogie's. It's got several 9' Gold Crowns, 15 or so 8' tables, and a 12' snooker table. Jeremy Jones and Kim White play here frequently although he'll be in Reno this weekend. I've been told that he had one of the 9' tables covered with the IPT Gorina tournament cloth.

Bogie's Billiards & Games
3040 Fm 1960 Rd E
Houston, TX 77073
(281) 821-4544

This Sunday there will be the monthly 25 dollar tourney at Legend's (with calcutta). It's way south of the Woodlands, but there's almost always action of some sort there. This is where the Houston Open is held. Hillbilly likes to play here although he'll be in Reno this weekend as well. They open at 12 noon and the tourney starts at 1:00 I believe.

Legends Billiards
201 Gulf Fwy S (exit #23)
League City, TX 77573-3523
(281) 332-7716

Hopes this helps amigo.

NewGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.

I'll give Bogie's a try. Is Legends near NASA? I don't remember the name of the pool hall I went to, but it was right down the street from NASA.

I wish I could play at that tournament on Sunday. My girlfriend and I are supposed to go to Galveston on Sunday. Looking at the map, Legends is on the way to Galveston. Hmmmmm... do you think she would be mad if I asked her to drop me off at Legends while she went to the beach?? :D ;)

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Suggestion

Is the Golden Cue still open downtown Houston?

Eating in the restaurant on the pier over the water is nice and romantic?

Also in Galveston, about 4-5 pm yiou used to be able to catch the Shrimp boats coming in and could buy fresh Shrimp much cheaper than the stores. Take a cooler though, and buy ice.

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NewGuy said:
Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it.

I'll give Bogie's a try. Is Legends near NASA? I don't remember the name of the pool hall I went to, but it was right down the street from NASA.

I wish I could play at that tournament on Sunday. My girlfriend and I are supposed to go to Galveston on Sunday. Looking at the map, Legends is on the way to Galveston. Hmmmmm... do you think she would be mad if I asked her to drop me off at Legends while she went to the beach?? :D ;)

Breakers!!!!!

Mystick Cue Fan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NewGuy said:
Yep! That was the name of the place. Not a bad place, but the tables seemed a little small.

Breakers is bad ass and so is Classics off of Westheimer. I absolutely loved legends and Jimmy Vegas is a super nice guy and seems to look out for everybody. Well he looked out for me and he couldn't have been a nicer guy. I played in the may monthly tourny and while I was going to donate more money by buying myself in the auction, Jimmy says.....," This kids a road player, and if he plays as good as a person he is than this guy is a world beater. " STILL BOUGHT MYSELF FOR 10 dollars.....lol. Well anyway, I played a few cheap sets there with Deck and lost. By the next morning everyone asked me how much I lost. :D Well anyway, Legends is in League City. Awesome place. Well Goodluck out there. It's a snake pit out there.

Tony

bchilton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mystick Cue Fan said:
Breakers is bad ass and so is Classics off of Westheimer. I absolutely loved legends and Jimmy Vegas is a super nice guy and seems to look out for everybody. Well he looked out for me and he couldn't have been a nicer guy. I played in the may monthly tourny and while I was going to donate more money by buying myself in the auction, Jimmy says.....," This kids a road player, and if he plays as good as a person he is than this guy is a world beater. " STILL BOUGHT MYSELF FOR 10 dollars.....lol. Well anyway, I played a few cheap sets there with Deck and lost. By the next morning everyone asked me how much I lost. :D Well anyway, Legends is in League City. Awesome place. Well Goodluck out there. It's a snake pit out there.

Tony

Classics off of Westheimer is no longer there. The pace always had nice equipment. Plenty of 9' Diamond tables with 860 Simonis cloth. For some reason, they went out of business.

THere is a new place further West on Westheimer called Parker's Billiards. It is new, but it has the best equipment on the West side of town, to my knowledge. Bobby Parker, the owner, seems to be a great guy and is looking to build a nice spot for both action and recreational players alike.