Where's the best pool scene in Canada?

jimmy-leggs

A GREAT DAY
Silver Member
This weekend, the best pool scene in Canada is in Edmonton.

Why? 2 words Thorsten Hohman.

You see,thats one problem about the pool scene.I had no idea what was happening in Edmonton this weekend until like an hour ago.
I would have definately made my way up there.I met Thorsten in Vegas afew years ago,great guy.Then I watched him spank Archer in the mens B.C.A. final 7-0.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Winterpeg is closer to Regina than S'Toon. Road trips are always possible.

S'Toon might be in the middle of a forest, but Regina is in the middle of a field.
How strong is that, Dave?

SpinDoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This weekend, the best pool scene in Canada is in Edmonton.

Why? 2 words Thorsten Hohman.

Nope, our pool scene still sucks here even with that. I'm glad that the MS Society got a rather nice donation out of the weekends event but it was hardly a showcase of the Edmonton pool scene.

T-Dawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No one has mentioned Montreal,with a federation and weekend tournaments in 9 differn`t divisions,and where do the TO boys travel to on the weekends.Billardquebec.com or webillard,good luck.Oh yeah, Martel 60-----horliefson 43...

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Yeah Toronto wins for pool with ease. But I would probably pick Victoria or Nainaimo if I had any place in Canada to pick to live. Pool cannot compete with living on Vancouver Island.

seether

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Edmonton

Nope, our pool scene still sucks here even with that. I'm glad that the MS Society got a rather nice donation out of the weekends event but it was hardly a showcase of the Edmonton pool scene.

Got that one right,Although I never saw Thorston Hohman.Buy the way,do you play at finnagans Bistro bar and billiards?

SpinDoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got that one right,Although I never saw Thorston Hohman.Buy the way,do you play at finnagans Bistro bar and billiards?

Never, I'm a west end guy so if I'm going to a hall to play I'll hit sharks in spruce grove or the metro but I've got a friend who lives a minute away from my place with a diamond pro and a golf sim in his basement so it's hard to pass that up when he's around.

sygfrid

alaskador
Silver Member
Wow, at least I know now I'll still be able to enjoy pool if our family moves to BC hopefully next year...

I will surely miss the pool scene here in Manila... :(

DeHouser

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Toronto does seem like the logical place to be, if you want top-end pro action. As mentioned, Montreal is a good bet, too. You'll find action pretty much anywhere you want to look for it, even in Saskatoon. Having lived there for a number of years, I encounted players that were ruthless. Lots of great pool in B.C and Manitoba, also. Good snooker scene in the Maritime provinces.

robertsamual

Registered
i would say toronto,,,,

Hi,

I am very new here. I just Came on this forum with some pool queries and peeped into your thread. I am very happy to see here that people are like crazy for pool (don't take it otherwise). For example Mr. berry wants to move in a city which have best pool halls. Nice to meet you berry. What you decided finally ?

Jimbojim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It depends what you are looking for, is it tournaments or gambling? I don't know how it is in the other provinces but like somebody else said Montreal is a good bet with the federation and all. I play in it and its pretty awesome.

Is the french language a barrier for you?

seether

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
want a good pool scene?

Want a good pool scene?Edmonton is the place to be.We got the walmac league,the Triple E league,the E.P.P.A league and we got weekly tournaments at either the Whistle Stop lounge and the Highrun Club and we got a good place downt town called the Metropolitan Billiards(metro) which is a nice place to play pool.

pool

Poolplayer
Silver Member
What about Ottawa?

This is disappointing. I will be in Ottawa for several weeks and was hoping there is a decent scene there, however nobody has mentioned it. By "decent" I mean an active pool scene. Lots of tourneys, or leagues. I think action would naturally follow when there are a lot of players, so that's ancillary. I see on the Googles that there are a few pool rooms, so I guess I will just try them until I exhaust the possibilities.

labatt ice rod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not trying to knock the rest of my fellow canucks but the best place to play is hands down Toronto. This is where most of Canadas best players end up. But i will admitt that if 8ball is your game then watch out for them boys in B.C they run them balls like they got eyes.......

seether

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree

I agree because that you people in Toronto have some greats,like John Morra and other greats to.I wish that i could get a good chance to play in Toronto,then again I live to far in Edmonton and i do look on the google street view at the pool rooms in Toronto and area there.I wish that Edmonton had a good pool scene like Toronto has,and it makes me proud to be a Canadian pool player to.