Which Predator Cue series is better?

Which predator cue series is better

• Total voters

Flettir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New P3

I have had a P2 for a while and just got my new P3. You can both feel and hear the difference when it hits. I also like the LeatherLuxe+ wrap on it.

CTYankee

Mark Twain's Table
Silver Member
5k and Blak series both use the same contruction. I have not played with a P2 or a P3, but I can tell you that Blak and 5k play exactly the same.

poohkiller

Still life.
Silver Member
My answer would be... the older the better. You did not include 4k in your poll but after trying several P2s, Blaks, 5ks, 4k and 3k cues my answer is that 4k all the way.

A good friend has a 4k7 here with a 314 1st gen shaft and I have not yet tried a better Predator cue.

If you can, get ahold of a 4k7 or any other 4k. I see no point in having 30 billion pieces in a butt sleeve for structural integrity. A 4k7 is still closer to the construction of a real cue than a P3. This is only my opinion, but I don't recommend any of these new comers.

One more thing: you can get a sound 4k cue for the price of any of these new high-tec cues and perhaps you'll still have some money in your pocket.

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
What about the SP cues? I bought one(older model 5/16-18 screw) a few months ago to just carry around as a bar-banger in my car. Now, after playing with it for a while, it's my main playing cue. As for construction, it's full splice and the rosewood in the handle is some of the nicest I've seen. The straight grain maple forearm just has a couple small sugar lines in it. The points are fairly even. The bottom of the veneers don't meet, that's the only negative as far as appearance. Wish I would've found this cue when I first started playing again five years ago, I would have saved a lot of money:rolleyes:

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pred.LE Willie Hoppe

got from pawn shop, with case 299. Plays great with original tip yet. I play all pool games , I practice on 5-10 bruns. snooker table for nine ball,or ten ball accuracy,touch!! We play 9ball and 15 ball banks,one-pocket. Last session 30 hrs. The cue doesn,t miss!!!!!!!!!!! I only miss because of no stroke, or poor mental attitude . I think the newest is the best And every one thinks its a real hoppe and it sayes pred. plainly. mark

Monto P2

Asia Billiards
Silver Member
I have played with almost all models of predator cues.
5k and blak are not same the joint of black has a black phenolic insert same as p2 and 5k is solid stainless steel,also blak has different kind of weight bolt, same as used by mezz cues,i guess blak series is made by mezz cues as they are quiet identical to Predator Le11.
For P3 i see only one drawback which is , if u are use to grip the cue at extreme end of the buttcap than u would feel the cold from the steel in your hand,so u would keep it rotating in ur hand,sometimes cold sometimes not.If u grip the cue at the handle than this cue is great.One more thing about p3 is, it has a slightly fatter butt than other predator cues.For me the cue was lill too fancy and shiny.

Out of choices provided if u are ok with looks than p2 is the best bet for the money and if budget is no problem than blak,playbilty is 99% similar.

poohkiller

Still life.
Silver Member
I have played with almost all models of predator cues.
5k and blak are not same the joint of black has a black phenolic insert same as p2 and 5k is solid stainless steel,also blak has different kind of weight bolt, same as used by mezz cues,i guess blak series is made by mezz cues as they are quiet identical to Predator Le11.
For P3 i see only one drawback which is , if u are use to grip the cue at extreme end of the buttcap than u would feel the cold from the steel in your hand,so u would keep it rotating in ur hand,sometimes cold sometimes not.If u grip the cue at the handle than this cue is great.One more thing about p3 is, it has a slightly fatter butt than other predator cues.For me the cue was lill too fancy and shiny.

Out of choices provided if u are ok with looks than p2 is the best bet for the money and if budget is no problem than blak,playbilty is 99% similar.

Monto,

I would like to respectfully disagree with you on some points.
I would like to note that I have had a 5k2 cue and I am pretty sure that that cue has had the phenolic insert in the joint, just like the BLAK series do. I remember opting for that cue partly because of my curiousity regarding that construction and I can see with my 'mind's eye' what it looked like. The 4k series did not have this 'extra', you could see the wood under the joint, next to the pin.
BLAK cues as far as I know are built by Predator despite that the looks of the BLAK-1 really is identical to the LE11 built by Mezz. I have played with the Mezz/Predator LE11 and the two cues (BLAK-1 and the LE-11) have almost nothing common regarding the feedback of the butt. I know I pretty much hated the LE11 because it was extremely butt-heavy, felt like a piece of trunk, not like a well-balanced cue (it was disappointing). I have also played with a BLAK-1 and a BLAK-3 and those had a thinner butt diameter and different balance as well.

I would not recommend the P3 because of its construction, in my humble opinion it must have way more glue in the butt that is needed to hold the 30 pieces together - and I have doubts about the 30 pieces feeling like one piece of wood.

Just like Monto said, I would definitely go for the P2, they are fairly well built but I'd opt for a 4k7 - that is my all time favourite Predator, but I have mentioned that so far.

Monto... No offense intended at all, I just wanted to mention my opinion and I always greatly count on yours.

Yours,
David

daniel

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The older pre uniloc joint. I beleive Falcon built them & they are well constucted cues. Get a good custom cue & you'll have something that will last a lifetime if cared for. Theres nothing like developing a relationship with a cuemaker of your liking.

the_general

I love Ivory.
Silver Member
for all the preds i have tried, including the P3, i say P2 is the best for me in the choices available. but i'd still go for the older ones like 4K.

vlad4848

Registered
well, i have bought the P3 and sold it afterwards. i don't know but somehow i felt something hollow in the butt if the shots are requiring harder stroke.

sileighty_guru

5A Grade Wood Pecker
Silver Member
I have had and played with many predator cues and own 3 P2's (Golden Leapord and Charcoal) 2 SE's and a 5K I love the P2's hit even with the original 314 shafts....but everyone is diffrent! :)

kasparovII

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator's Quiet Roller

I guess you should now include Predators new radial pin jointed "Quiet Roller".

LWW

MEMGO5
Silver Member
What about the SP cues? I bought one(older model 5/16-18 screw) a few months ago to just carry around as a bar-banger in my car. Now, after playing with it for a while, it's my main playing cue. As for construction, it's full splice and the rosewood in the handle is some of the nicest I've seen. The straight grain maple forearm just has a couple small sugar lines in it. The points are fairly even. The bottom of the veneers don't meet, that's the only negative as far as appearance. Wish I would've found this cue when I first started playing again five years ago, I would have saved a lot of money:rolleyes:

I concur.

I love my Predator sneaky.

LWW