Who has Cory beat on the bar box?

gpeezy

for sale!
I haven't ever heard anyone ever speak of who he has beat on the bar box yet?I'm not saying he can't, just wondering who is a named player he has beat on the short track?
 
gpeezy said:
I haven't ever heard anyone ever speak of who he has beat on the bar box yet?I'm not saying he can't, just wondering who is a named player he has beat on the short track?

He beat everyone I ever seen him gamble with. I seen him play cheap with Jose, I watched him and Putnam play (not sure if they were betting) He robbed Cisco, Larry Nevel did not like it, Jason Kirkwood (pure small track worldbeater) was offered action while I was there. They had a small tavern barbox tour. Guys like Gabe Owen, Larry Nevel, Dee Adkins, Jose Parica, George Breedlove, Tony Watson, Shawn Putnam, Troy Frank, Steve McCanish, etc showed up entry fee of 1k 8-16 guys would show up and Corey was the blind pick to win in everyone he plsyed in. I really believe Corey is the most talented all around pool player in the world, and I am not a big fan of Corey. He sees things most champions do not on the table. Corey did the second most amazing thing I ever seen on the small track (Antonio still takes the cake with his racing the ghost on the box without BIH and giving the ghost 10 games on the wire going to 20) I had Corey offer me the gaff game of me racking the 9ball rack and Corey chosing the pocket for every ball before breaking 2 to 1 on the money. If he makes a ball on the break it spotted. Makes one in the wrong pocket after the break he loses Try this sometime and get back to me he put two four packs on me doing this and out of 11 games he only came up short three racks he won 650 off me in about 30min and I got a kick out of it because he was shooting shots that were sick
 
well nobody chases corey down to play on the box i can tell you this.hes a monster for the cash,i know all too well.people just dont understand how smart corey is either,example when was last time you heard of corey going off and blowing large money? yet he consistantly books winners.im sure ill catch flack for this but i think jesse is a good guy and a great player but he has way the worst of anything him and corey do on the pool table.mark it down,if and when they play corey will get the cash,period.
 
I don't know who you are Neil but when Cory was a teenager he would come over to west michigan and make his rounds. who do you think has something for him in Grand Rapids? They just said Kirkwood didn't want any and he is about the best in West Michigan..name someone that would want some eveny from Jason there. I don't think there are any.
John Horton
 
huckster said:
He beat everyone I ever seen him gamble with. I seen him play cheap with Jose, I watched him and Putnam play (not sure if they were betting) He robbed Cisco, Larry Nevel did not like it, Jason Kirkwood (pure small track worldbeater) was offered action while I was there. They had a small tavern barbox tour. Guys like Gabe Owen, Larry Nevel, Dee Adkins, Jose Parica, George Breedlove, Tony Watson, Shawn Putnam, Troy Frank, Steve McCanish, etc showed up entry fee of 1k 8-16 guys would show up and Corey was the blind pick to win in everyone he plsyed in. I really believe Corey is the most talented all around pool player in the world, and I am not a big fan of Corey. He sees things most champions do not on the table. Corey did the second most amazing thing I ever seen on the small track (Antonio still takes the cake with his racing the ghost on the box without BIH and giving the ghost 10 games on the wire going to 20) I had Corey offer me the gaff game of me racking the 9ball rack and Corey chosing the pocket for every ball before breaking 2 to 1 on the money. If he makes a ball on the break it spotted. Makes one in the wrong pocket after the break he loses Try this sometime and get back to me he put two four packs on me doing this and out of 11 games he only came up short three racks he won 650 off me in about 30min and I got a kick out of it because he was shooting shots that were sick

Antonio Lining?
 
huckster said:
(Antonio still takes the cake with his racing the ghost on the box without BIH and giving the ghost 10 games on the wire going to 20) I had Corey offer me the gaff game of me racking the 9ball rack and Corey chosing the pocket for every ball before breaking 2 to 1 on the money. If he makes a ball on the break it spotted. Makes one in the wrong pocket after the break he loses Try this sometime and get back to me he put two four packs on me doing this and out of 11 games he only came up short three racks he won 650 off me in about 30min and I got a kick out of it because he was shooting shots that were sick


Huckster,

Who's "Antonio"? Like Jay mentioned, the only "Antonio" I know of who's world speed is Antonio Lining.

BOTH of the examples you shared (in the above quotes) are awesome. I've never heard of the game that Corey offered you. Do you remember how he picked which ball for which pocket? Did he have to write them down? Were the balls racked in the same order every game? Man, it's hard for me to even THINK of a game like that!
 
gpeezy said:
I haven't ever heard anyone ever speak of who he has beat on the bar box yet?I'm not saying he can't, just wondering who is a named player he has beat on the short track?

The list of those he's pillaged and plundered is extensive.

A better question might be who has beaten CORY.....for the cash???
 
ribdoner said:
The list of those he's pillaged and plundered is extensive.

A better question might be who has beaten CORY.....for the cash???
Efren Reyes... or does that count
 
Terry Ardeno said:
Huckster,

Who's "Antonio"? Like Jay mentioned, the only "Antonio" I know of who's world speed is Antonio Lining.

BOTH of the examples you shared (in the above quotes) are awesome. I've never heard of the game that Corey offered you. Do you remember how he picked which ball for which pocket? Did he have to write them down? Were the balls racked in the same order every game? Man, it's hard for me to even THINK of a game like that!

Yeah it was Antonio Lining I took him around pre-internet days when he did not lose. We did not book a loser. He spotted guys that I didn't think could be spotted weight. He gave a very strong Indiana player the 6ball on the box and this guy is liable to be anyone, He gave a California champion the 7ball and 7k to 5k playing a race to 21. He kicked balls in like nobody I ever saw.

With Corey he is so analytical that after he breaks the balls a few times with the soft cut break he can know what region a ball will be at on the table. Even when balls are kicked to weird spots he gets out of trouble by bumping and playing shape. Another game Corey played at DCC that I wanted to bet against him big was the break 15 balls take ball in hand and run them all in a bottom corner pocket. He was getting odds (5/1 then 4/1) and he was stealing I offered him that game in Canton Ohio at Chris Szuter's place on the front (nightmare table) 4/1 he bets 500 I bet 2k a rack. I thought I couldn't lose luckily he warmed up by running the first three racks duuoooh.
 
Neil said:
If Jamie wants to bring Corey up here, Jason will take the offered 8, even though he doesn't need it. They have played several times, and he hasn't lost yet. He said you can bring Chavez up here too. Since someone was woofing about him the other day also.

I'm not on here woofing or trying to make a game. But when Jay found out about this, his reply was to bring them on up, they won't like it here either.
rofl:D i like that you support your locals but corey heist jason with the 8,110% promise.save your money,im not a corey fan and catch tons of flack for putting these post on this forum.secondly you would be MUCH better off gambling with chavez than corey theres no comparing them in terms of skill level,experience and matching up.
 
?

TheHole said:
Isn't a match being lined up in Tenn between Corey and Bobby Pickle?
When all the woofing was going on with J McW and every other player in the US I posted they could come to Tenn and prob get played by Bobby and Jamie said he's got the 7.Well word got around to Bobby and he said if they come to Cookeville they can get played.Bobby from what I understand is running the poolroom there.He can't go out on the road at this time from what i understand because of the poolroom.I could be wrong on all this so don't hold me to it but I'm not far off if at all.Bobby has been playing everybody on the bar box that has wanted to.
 
When And How Much

Neil said:
If Jamie wants to bring Corey up here, Jason will take the offered 8, even though he doesn't need it. They have played several times, and he hasn't lost yet. He said you can bring Chavez up here too. Since someone was woofing about him the other day also.

I'm not on here woofing or trying to make a game. But when Jay found out about this, his reply was to bring them on up, they won't like it here either.

WHEN AND HOW MUCH CAN YOU BET IS THE ONLY QUESTIONS U NEED TO TELL ME.....DON'T SAY KIRKWOOD WILL PLAY UNLESS YOU ARE PUTTING HIM IN.............PM YOUR NUMBER IF U ARE SERIOUS SO I KNOW WHEN WE CAN COME PLAY
 
JamieMcWhorter said:
WHEN AND HOW MUCH CAN YOU BET IS THE ONLY QUESTIONS U NEED TO TELL ME.....DON'T SAY KIRKWOOD WILL PLAY UNLESS YOU ARE PUTTING HIM IN.............PM YOUR NUMBER IF U ARE SERIOUS SO I KNOW WHEN WE CAN COME PLAY
you and corey be interested in some ghost action jamie? corey had beaten me before playing ghost but im hard headed.let me know if you are interested and will can discuss in private.
 
dimes33 said:
rofl:D i like that you support your locals but corey heist jason with the 8,110% promise.save your money,im not a corey fan and catch tons of flack for putting these post on this forum.secondly you would be MUCH better off gambling with chavez than corey theres no comparing them in terms of skill level,experience and matching up.

You missed the part where he stated "offered 8"....that game has been offered before. Why would he change it if it was offered, whether he needs it or not?

FWIW, I doubt this game will take place any time soon. Corey is not going to go out of his way to play Jason, and Jason is not going to go out of his way to play Corey.
 
Back
Top