Who is this man?

Who IS this tall, dark, and handsome man?!?

• Tony Chohan

Votes: 23 20.4%
  • Amar Kang

Votes: 55 48.7%
  • Both Amar and Tony: they are one and the same man.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • That's John Fiedelschnitzer! Omg!

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Travis Trotter! Thanks!

Votes: 16 14.2%
  • None of the above

Votes: 8 7.1%

• Total voters

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
100% Amar.

That cue is a Joss that Amar used to break with. Tony plays and broke with SW. Before that it was a Hunter. Amar all the way in that pic.

Thanks for the confirmation, Oscar! :)

Hey, wasn't it Amar that used to shoot with a Bobby Hunter cue? The only reason I mention it is because we got a Bobby Hunter cue from Amar when he was in Maryland, a very beautiful cue.

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
Bobby Hunter made Tony and Amar personalized cues.
Tony's had "T-Rex" printed between the points and Amar had "AK-47" on it.

Both cues have been sold and resold in the last few years. I saw both of them about 2 years ago with the seller wanting to find a buyer.

Last I heard, Amar was playing golf and loving it.

Thanks for the confirmation, Oscar! :)

Hey, wasn't it Amar that used to shoot with a Bobby Hunter cue? The only reason I mention it is because we got a Bobby Hunter cue from Amar when he was in Maryland, a very beautiful cue.

blah blah

Shoebat
"election" early results

At the time of this writing, Amar had nearly 50% of the vote, at 30 votes, or 47.62%. 2nd place is tied between Tony Chohan and Travis Trotter, with 11 votes, or 17.46% each. Combining the votes for both 2nd place finishers at 22 votes (assuming all of the Travis supporters are also Tony supporters) still will not meet, much less beat, 1st place.

Interestingly, adding up ALL of the votes for the lesser contenders (both, neither, and John Fiedelschnitzer) accounts for another 11 votes. If either of our campaigns had garnered the votes of the lesser parties, either of us may have beat the 50% marker. Similarly, if the election had been based on just a two party system, I think there would have been a whole lot more discussion, but also a different- looking outcome. I like to think it would have been more heavily weighted toward my guy, but that is purely conjecture.

I am truly sorry that this entertaining diversion did not continue on to fill the work week (we still have Friday left to go! Feels so much longer with a 3 day weekend coming up!).

If you still want to call Tony, or anyone else, please let me know the response. This was really me trying to convince you- I took the picture, sweated the tourney, and always believed it was Amar- I wouldn't have swayed. And I did try to talk you out of betting; I was never trying to trick you. Just let me know if or when you're there with me on this. I'll PM you my address, and hopefully we can do this again and the next time you will get a lovely signed dollar from me.

That said, several people have posted more beautiful pictures up at the poolhalls from all over thread, there's another argument about the supposed inferiority of women (!) going on, and its about time for somebody to post some good laughs at the funny pic/gif thread. Thank you for the diversion.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bobby Hunter made Tony and Amar personalized cues.
Tony's had "T-Rex" printed between the points and Amar had "AK-47" on it.

Both cues have been sold and resold in the last few years. I saw both of them about 2 years ago with the seller wanting to find a buyer.

Last I heard, Amar was playing golf and loving it.

Tom, Amar sold his Hunter cue to KM, and KM shot with it for a year or two. Then KM sold it to a Maryland player who said he'd never sell it before calling KM first. I really liked that cue, BTW. I am sad to hear that it turned up in California, of all places. :(

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
There is that possibility that the BH cue that KM got from Amar is the original and Amar got a duplicate built after that.
The AK-47 could have been easily put on another BH cue.

Tom, Amar sold his Hunter cue to KM, and KM shot with it for a year or two. Then KM sold it to a Maryland player who said he'd never sell it before calling KM first. I really liked that cue, BTW. I am sad to hear that it turned up in California, of all places. :(

Tom In Cincy

AKA SactownTom
Silver Member
Has JAM conceded yet? is there a concession blog?
Who gets paid?

I bet Tony C will want some Jelly for this wager....

It's AMAR...

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has JAM conceded yet? is there a concession blog?
Who gets paid? ..

I'm still holding out for a little further review. :eek:

Let's give this another look. Are you SURE this is Amar, or could it be Tony? Look at it closely. :thumbup:

Attachments

• mar292008JointedCue1stday077[1].jpg
    mar292008JointedCue1stday077[1].jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 209

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Uh-oh. My room mate says it's Amar's ear! :eek:

My question is: How on earth would he know what Amar's ear looks like?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol there can be NO jelly from a signed dollar. Signed dollars are to be cherished and saved, never spent. : )

Do I have to frame it too? :eek:

That is, if I lose, of course. I'm still researching the topic and have not completed my conclusion quite yet. :)

blah blah

Shoebat
Do I have to frame it too? :eek:

That is, if I lose, of course. I'm still researching the topic and have not completed my conclusion quite yet. :)

lolol- : ) no, I've got a frame. : )

...And IF you lose, I publicly stand by my PM'ed promise to send a thank you card with the CA State Capitol on the front: Cap- to- Cap.

blah blah

Shoebat
But 41 responders to the poll say otherwise! :wink:

! :) !

Sorry- I just saw this now and cracked up laughing again: of those "47 responders who say otherwise:"

-- 11 believe that Travis Trotter would be seen in public with anything but a Cue Tec

-- 3 think that I have the only photo known to man of John Fiedelschnitzer, the ONLY guy who ever whooped Chuck Norris, and

-- 5 believe that Amar and Tony are the one and same person despite your 1st page photo of them together

That leaves a still questionably sane 6 people who think it's a pic of a random guy and 17 similarly questionable people who think it's a Tony at some unknown weight/height/date.

...I'm just saying.

Have a great day- leaving work now.

SupaFoo

Starving Law Student
Silver Member
Looks like Travis T.

That's what I said but then I realized Cuetec Brand Cues would never get blued like that cue in the picture. Cuetec Brand Cues also never warp and helped my win 7-2 today! I love them! :thumbup:

...lol :rotflmao:

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
I'm still holding out for a little further review. :eek:

Let's give this another look. Are you SURE this is Amar, or could it be Tony? Look at it closely. :thumbup:

Who1.jpg

Who2.jpg

Could it be???? Look at that ear.... the hairline... hmmmmmmm......... :)

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
**Disclaimer: this poll is for fun and is intended purely for passing time. None of the people in the picture, correctly identified or not, have consented to the public use of this public photo. No animals were harmed in the taking or posting of this photo. The results of this poll will in no way affect the outcome of any current past or possible future signed dollar bets, existing or not, especially since current signed dollar proposed bettors cannot agree on an arbitrator (anonymous posters need not apply). Side effects of viewing said blurry photo include dizziness, hazy memory recall, and loss of valuable work hours.

Someone needs to harm the oversize animals who seem to be sitting on the edge of the pool table, on the right side of this photo. I don't see ANY sign of barstool legs, or anything else. Just what looks like a pool table under the butts.:eek::eek::eek:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blah Blah, I have not forgotten you. I am swamped with work this week, but as soon as I get a chance to get me a crisp dollar bill from the bank and autograph it, I will mail it to you. I still have your postal address.

I never did talk to Tony Cho, couldn't find his cell number, and he has not called. If and when he does call, though, you can be sure that I am immediately going to direct him to this thread. :grin-square:

On a good note, my workload is BOOMING. I have been requested to make a cameo appearance on C-SPAN next week. Thanks, President Obama! Keep 'em coming. ;)