Who let the dogs out? Some threads are gone.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ah, that thread full of claims, legal challenges, defamation.

Weird how that vanished.
Lol.

Almost as if someone who owns the site didn't want to be dragged into a court case.
Hope that clears it up for you.
Falls under the category… keep personal business personal.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Moderator, and Owner can do as they wish.

Removal, Editing, etc.

Why because they have power to do so, and Owner pays bills.

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well...given the history of those two when they get started, it was inevitable.

I would certainly like some moderator interjection in the Schmidt thread...but its more likely if they get involved at all, they'll just delete that one, as well, given what it's turned into.
If you want that particular thread to disappear from the thread list, just put the OP of that thread on ignore. I did it just now, logged out then logged back in, and sure enough it's gone. Of course if that member's posts matter at all to you this method doesn't work.

dquarasr

Registered
If you want that particular thread to disappear from the thread list, just put the OP of that thread on ignore. I did it just now, logged out then logged back in, and sure enough it's gone. Of course if that member's posts matter at all to you this method doesn't work.
I wondered how a thread can no longer appear on my feed. I’d like to stay off some threads (626, anyone?) but it’s like passing the scene of a car wreck. I find it hard NOT to look.

I will say this much about certain threads: it certainly speaks volumes about the people who post in them (good and bad). Put it this way: I know with whom I’d like to be friends with, and whom I’d avoid like COVID-19.

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wondered how a thread can no longer appear on my feed. I’d like to stay off some threads (626, anyone?) but it’s like passing the scene of a car wreck. I find it hard NOT to look.

I will say this much about certain threads: it certainly speaks volumes about the people who post in them (good and bad). Put it this way: I know with whom I’d like to be friends with, and whom I’d avoid like COVID-19.
Yup, I agree 100%. There are not a lot of people on my ignore list, but getting rid of their input sure has made the AZB forums more enjoyable for me.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
You make a valid point. But when threads devolve into pure trash it's time to throw the garbage out. Long vacations help relax emotional or psychological misfits, of which there seem to be numerous examples here. Does AZ really need to be their outlet?
Exactly. I have said it before. When a thread goes off the rails, I try to remove the offending posts and hope the thread gets back on the rails. Some threads are so far off the rails that they can't be saved. That thread was heading for a wall as soon as it was posted. I believe it was meant to run into a wall.

So, when a thread goes that far off the rails, I don't see any need to leave it up there for people to go over. It's gone for a reason.

FYI, all of the threads that are removed for any purpose, are still there. They are just hidden from public view.

Mike

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Just to be clear. No thread was removed at my request. In fact I am certain that I did not get banned only though Mike's Christmas grace.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly. I have said it before. When a thread goes off the rails, I try to remove the offending posts and hope the thread gets back on the rails. Some threads are so far off the rails that they can't be saved. That thread was heading for a wall as soon as it was posted. I believe it was meant to run into a wall.

So, when a thread goes that far off the rails, I don't see any need to leave it up there for people to go over. It's gone for a reason.

FYI, all of the threads that are removed for any purpose, are still there. They are just hidden from public view.

Mike

No, it was not meant to run into anything -- I just wanted the videos up.

John said take them down and then, per his mention, I recalled he did indeed put up the dough for that transmission and within hours of his request I took them down.

That’s that thread, and that similar ones still exist somewhere and can be called upon if needed, is good to know.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member
It's tough to beat a Drama Queen unless you're a Drama King. Feed it and watch it grow to epic proportions.
Narcissism at it's finest, Freud, Beck, and Kraepelin are rolling in their grave.

SmoothStroke

Swim for the win.
Silver Member

Mike
You deserve a raise.

phreaticus

For what its worth, deleting/hiding threads seems like a weenie move to me. If mods let those kinds of sketchy threads go on for so long, they shouldn’t just nuke them. It might be unsavory content, but its still historical content and censorship is never a good answer IMO. There are usually pretty funny sidebar comments and memes and the sheer amount of inane prolific absurdity by some of these idiots is amusing and worth preserving.

Simply locking a bad thread and if necessary issuing some temp bans to egregious offenders - is all thats needed IMO. Its useful to keep the content searchable & available, if nothing else so the morons that perpetuate them are flagged and remembered as such.

Happy NY ✌️

Last edited:

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
I requested it to be removed

I have nothing to hide

Was a shit show and needed to go

Thank you to who ever eliminated it

Happy New Year🎉🎉
Well now the gloves are off!....The 5 is Purple and I'm requesting Mike take down your shameless Birthday Post.

You sir are going to hell. But I suspect you knew that.

1672543041523.png

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Moderator, and Owner can do as they wish.

Removal, Editing, etc.

Why because they have power to do so, and Owner pays bills.
Agreed, but only with a caveat. A moderator should NEVER edit a post unless they leave a message in the post that says "this post was edited and changed by a moderator and is not as originally written". If they don't do that they are literally putting words into somebody else's mouth, or changing their message or context through the removal of words, but trying to pass it off as if that is in fact what the poster wrote. That may not have been the primary intent of their edit, but that is exactly what they are doing none the less. Nobody has a right to change somebody else's words or message without making clear that they are not in fact their words or message as intended.

While not nearly as big a deal as the above, simply deleting posts also unintentionally provides a misleading narrative of the communications from a poster in a thread. Rather than deleting a post as if it never existed it would be far better to just remove the contents of an offending post but leave the "place marker shell" of the post in place with a message that simply says "the contents of this post were deleted by a moderator".

Last edited: