Who made Dennis orcullo new cue

Poolshootindon

Registered Pool Offender
Silver Member
Jus sayin, how many people are gonna buy a Meucci just because DO. Plays with ome? Not many imo. Being by far the largest ,consumer for pool goods is leagues and they say less than xxx can name three pros ( and DO Isn't one lol ). That leaves folks like us on here and with some exceptions Meucci does not have the best name and can't see one of us buying one just because DO is playing with one. What do yall think????

My guess is that it may be a Meucci in name and made by Bob himself
but i really doubt that other Meucci's (made for average players) will have the time and detail that Bob put into DO's cue.

My very first cue was a Meucci i bought used in the 80's. It was like a whip and a lot of fun. But as time went on the quality went south and i lost interest.

Doug

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dennis and Tony's cues

The picture of the players cues was a thoughtful and, IMO, a noteworthy thing to to do. Has to be good for promoting pool and prompting purchasing of all items associated with playing pool. More money generated within the industry is a good thing. Anyone knowledgeable person knows one brand of cue will not make one a champion. But we all like to know what they are playing with. Players of their caliber can and will win with whatever cue they play with or else they won't be using it.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The picture of the players cues was a thoughtful and, IMO, a noteworthy thing to to do. Has to be good for promoting pool and prompting purchasing of all items associated with playing pool. More money generated within the industry is a good thing. Anyone knowledgeable person knows one brand of cue will not make one a champion. But we all like to know what they are playing with. Players of their caliber can and will win with whatever cue they play with or else they won't be using it.

But yet none of them will play off the wall in a major event...

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't blame him for switching to a good sponsor but whatever cue he used in the Frost match was working great.

Doug

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
True, but nothing anywhere is off the wall, so to speak in anything. As an owner of 5 different motorcycle dealerships I actively sponsored many racers over the years. Some wanted Michelin tires, some Dunlops, or different shocks, grips, etc. Mostly they got what suited them best but at the same time it was different depending on the individual for the same bikes in the same race. This is relative to players preference to different shaft tapers, diameters, cue tip selection, etc. Point is each player has their individual preferences and what that choice is isn't going to make or break a champion. But it can be the perfect excuse for being a loser.

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Idk about the rest of u guys but I have no idea which one is the muecci n which one is the southwest???? Some insight would be appreciated !!

Scherf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Muecci is on the left, the Southwest is the one on the right. The one that looks the same as every other Southwest ever made.

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Muecci is on the left, the Southwest is the one on the right. The one that looks the same as every other Southwest ever made.

Lol left and right? There pictured individually on top of each other how can you possibly decipher which is left n right? N idk about the typical southwest but Mike Wong has a southwest that looks more like the top cue then the bottom. It's black with black n red veneers and is one of the sharpest poking cues I've ever seen. Now that I think about it it looks a little like both cues but the color scheme is more similar to the top one.

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol left and right? There pictured individually on top of each other how can you possibly decipher which is left n right? N idk about the typical southwest but Mike Wong has a southwest that looks more like the top cue then the bottom. It's black with black n red veneers and is one of the sharpest poking cues I've ever seen. Now that I think about it it looks a little like both cues but the color scheme is more similar to the top one.

On my computer they appear left and right beside each other. It all depends on how you software formats it. You can't always assume that your world is the only world :)